- This event has passed.
Fall Festival and History Day
November 9, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pmFree
Celebrate fall at the State Museum with free general admission to all guests from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Fall Festival and History Day will feature a variety of barbecue, live bluegrass music from local musicians, craftspeople and artists on site, live performances, a gallery tour and more.
- A variety of barbecue made by award-winning South Carolina pitmasters including Jim Hayes of West Columbia, Buddy Rogers of Marion and David Elliott of Hemingway
- Beer garden featuring Columbia Craft, Steel Hands, Swamp Cabbage and Legal Remedy
- Live performances by the Capital City Cloggers, Palmetto Blue, Blue Iguanas, Savannah River Bluegrass and more
- “Bed Turning” presentation featuring historic quilts from the collection of the State Museum
- Gallery tour of the new exhibit, Grand Designs: 19th Century South Carolina Furniture
- Waltz lessons
- Face Painting
- Hands-on crafts
Activities and performances will take place in front of the museum, as well in the lobby and in areas throughout the museum. Guests are welcome to bring their own chair or blanket to enjoy some of the bands playing outside. All activities are included with FREE museum general admission or membership, except for 4d and planetarium shows, food, beverages and art purchases. Visit scmuseum.org to learn more.