AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $37 billion company into the future. If you are looking to fuel your professional development and gain exposure in the field of Information Technology apply today!
The Application Programming Manager will manage a team of technical professionals who provide application development, support and consulting services for assigned applications. These responsibilities include resource allocation planning, administering work assignments and administering performance reviews. Manages and monitors production and project work to ensure quality of deliverables. Works closely with management to develop and manage the department budget. Assists management to develop and implement a staff training and development strategy and plan. Works independently under general direction, and acts as a coach and mentor to technical staff. Serve as the technical systems owner (TSO) for assigned applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management Leadership
• Ensure team follows AgFirst SDLC guidelines
• Proactive in managing project risks and issues
• Ensure project deliverables (Business Cases, SOWs, Status Reports, Technical Specifications, Work Plans, etc.) are of high quality and created in a timely fashion
• Effectively communicate project status and issues to management. In particular, keep manager informed regarding key project issues. Take a leadership role in coming up with solutions to project issues.
• Implement approaches such as bottom up estimating to ensure cost and duration estimates are accurate within established tolerances
• Stay well informed regarding team initiatives
• Effectively manage project requests. This includes communicating and meeting expectations regarding the completion of the business case for the project request.
Manage Reliable, Available, Secure and Performing Systems
• Ensure team promptly addresses and resolves high severity issues. Additionally, ensure that team is proactive in addressing potential issues.
• Ensure supported applications meet established service level agreements for customers
• Ensure team creates systems that meet AgFirst security requirements
• Expertise in planning, scheduling and delegating work in accordance with resource plans
• Engage in proactive resource planning to ensure team can meet both project and non-project work commitments
• Act as a custodian of AgFirst assets, lower operating costs
• During budget planning sessions, assist management to create well documented budget projections for the upcoming year
• Performs periodic and annual performance reviews of managed resources
Technical Leadership & Communications
• Effectively work to break down silos between teams in the technical division
• Is a leader in ensuring best practices are captured, managed and repeatable across the department
• Team can effectively communicate success of application architecture design to different stakeholders (both business and technical)
• Collaborates with other technical areas to create integrated solutions that are consistent with the enterprise architecture vision
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Eight to ten years of complex system programming and design experience
• Full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming
• Firm understanding of Microsoft’s development and database technologies
• Effective group presentation skills
• Handles the most complex systems and product design projects; identifies changes in project scope
• Complex solution analysis and design
• Effectively manages competing demands
• Supervisory experience and contributes to building a positive team spirit
Candidates can apply via the AgFirst careers’ website at https://www.agfirst.com/