Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is looking for an architect intern to join our team in Columbia, South Carolina. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined architecture and engineering firms, GMC is equipped to provide all the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.
Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. We are guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and for this reason, we strive to find the best of the best to join our team. Our mission is “to create opportunities for our people and the people we serve to create communities that thrive.” We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference, and we place high value on being part of our communities and giving back to the places where we live and work. If this resonates with you, we hope you’ll apply to join our team!
• Demonstrates knowledge of the firm’s values and standards for project delivery and client management.
• Demonstrates the skills required for effective team contributions to the firm’s success.
• Architect Licensure is an obvious objective.
• Builds on technical foundations with expectation to make significant contributions to the team efforts for the benefit of the client.
• Prepare reports, plans, specifications, construction documents, and studies as assigned.
• Responsible for specific technical design aspects of assigned projects including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions.
• Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD.
• Core knowledge on detailing and how to assemble construction documents.
• Provides planning/design/coordination consultation on large projects.
• Ability to apply technical skills to routine projects with minimal supervision.
• Assist with Requests for Information and other correspondence.
• Produce documents for routine projects accurately and efficiently.
• Visit construction sites to observe progress and to determine general conformance to plans and specifications.
• Proactively performs additional tasks in support of project development.
• QA/QC – Recognizes and reports risk management issues to Project Architect as appropriate.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience at an architecture firm
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
• Current enrollment in the NCARB Intern Development Program
• LEED accredited professional preferred
For additional details about this position and to apply, visit: https://gmcnetwork.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/159