Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach – Goal Keeper Coach
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach/Goal Keeper Coach serves to assist with all functions of the USC Upstate Men’s Soccer program. assists the Men’s Soccer Head Coach with direction and administrative oversight of the intercollegiate men’s soccer program relative to successful athletic performance, recruitment and retention of student-athletes, and providing the necessary leadership for a positive competitive environment for student-athletes. The assistant coach will be responsible for all goalkeeper practices.
• Assists with teaching the game of soccer during practice (teaching drills and exercises, scrimmages, rules, scouting) and assists in providing coaching during competition.
o Provides leadership and guidance necessary for a positive competitive environment.
o Will be responsible for designing and running all goalkeeper’s practices.
o Will assist in the design and structure of all practice activity.
o Aids in the strategic planning for individual player development.
o Will need to design scouting reports on opponents.
o Will be responsible for breaking down game video and do team video analysis.
o Work with Strength and Conditioning staff
o Responsible for all goalkeeper practices.
• Manages recruiting for program to include off-campus evaluations and contacts, phone calls, email communication, etc.
o Responsible for initial contact and communication with targeted athletes.
o Evaluates prospective student athletes and their prospective fit with USC Upstate.
o Keeps strong relationships with local clubs and coaches.
o Helps to administers all recruiting travel, calendars, and visit itineraries.
• Works closely with admissions, enrollment and financial aid departments while working with recruits.
• Meets with Academic Advisor to assure eligibility of student-athletes. Monitors academic progress of student athletes
• Will be responsible for administration and data entry for all compliance tasks related to the men’s soccer program. Works directly with the Head Coach, Business Director to ensure that procurements, travel, recruiting etc. are in line with the appropriate funds allotted.
• Helps coordinates and participates fundraising plans: solicits support for fundraising events (clinics, auction, golf tournaments, U Club). Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and college coaching and/or playing experience required. Proof of valid driver’s license and good driving record required. Successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred experience includes knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, exceptional interpersonal skills, computer skills, and strong written and oral communication skills.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/119198