AgFirst Farm Credit Bank, a $38 billion financial institution located in Columbia, South Carolina, is one of four wholesale funding banks of the national Farm Credit System. The AgFirst Human Resources team manages the payroll and benefit programs for the Farm Credit Alliance (FCBA), a strategic cooperative between AgFirst and one of its sister banks, the Farm Credit Bank of Texas. Within the two banks’ assigned territories, FCBA services over 4,500 employees of 32 independent Agricultural Credit Associations located in 17 eastern and Gulf Coast states.
The Benefits Supervisor- Retirement Plans will report to the Manager of Benefits, and will be have the following core responsibilities:
• Administration of qualified and nonqualified retirement plans (including a defined contribution plan, a 401(k) plan and a supplemental 401(k) plan) in according with regulations and internal benefits policies and procedures.
• Communication of the various benefits and features of the retirement plans.
• Serving as the primary liaison for external and internal auditors of the qualified plans and trusts.
• Assisting the Benefits Manager and Director of Benefits and Payroll with plan sponsor and plan fiduciary committee activities, including planning and coordination for meetings and preparation of meeting minutes, and
• Overseeing related SOX and ICFR activities and ensures controls are operating effectively.
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in business, HR or other related field and will have had previous supervisory experience in the design, implementation and administration of employee benefits with an emphasis in qualified and non-qualified DB and DC plans. Professional certification (PHR/SPHR, CBP, etc.) strongly preferred. Experience with an HRMS and knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and TPA actuarial/retirement systems highly desirable.