Business Analyst – Loan OriginationSeptember 2, 2021
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $37 billion company into the future. If you are looking to fuel your professional development and gain exposure in the field of Product Management apply today!
The Business Analyst – Loan Origination who serves as user project leader or team member on projects of all sizes. Projects include development of new systems/applications, installation and integration of purchased systems/applications, modification enhancements to existing systems/applications, and development of methods and procedures. Individuals performing this function must be able to quickly grasp business concepts and, through interviewing, facilitating discussions and research, identify high-level business requirements and needs. This position will also require the ability to translate high-level business requirements into detailed functional specifications and the ability to perform business process analysis, create use cases, activity diagrams, and create user interface prototyping. Furthermore, this position will interact with testing resources to resolve defects, manage change requests and conduct and drive User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs the role of project lead or team member involving systems, applications and processes.
• Participates in the development and testing, implementation, and evaluation phases of projects involving AgFirst systems, applications, and processes
• Designs, develops and/or updates business recovery documentation, user procedures, and online help for association users, in bank users and Customer Support for applications
• Working with association staff to assess and understand their needs and taking action to facilitate those needs with bank resources and systems.
• Supports production support systems.
• Maintains a working knowledge of AgFirst owned systems, applications, and processes to enable devising techniques for improved processes, workflows and productivity through new development, standardization, simplification, redesign and other procedural changes
• Four-year accounting, or other business discipline, degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum eight to ten years’ experience in a combination of banking operations, accounting and technical user responsibilities
• Project development skills gained through experience with implementation of software projects
• Knowledge of loan origination and banking operations, information, and systems, both mainframe and client/server based
• Ability to establish priorities and organize assignments, and to work effectively within timelines and under general supervision
• Ability to cooperate and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with users, technical staff and management
• Must have strong analytical, decision-making, negotiating and communication skills to analyze business problems and suggest and implement solutions for these
• Ability to make sound decisions concerning system, application and process changes
• Experience in Agile methodology (Scrum)