Director for CARE Management and Strategic InitiativesMarch 2, 2023
Director for CARE Management and Strategic Initiatives
University of South Carolina Upstate
Director for CARE Management and Strategic Initiatives is a full-time professional who directs several key strategic aspects for the Division of Students. Working in the Office of the Vice Chancellor and reporting to the Dean of Students, this position oversees the student case management services for students experiencing a broad range of issues, including, food and housing insecurity, issues transitioning to college, low-level behavioral concerns, and emerging or continuing mental health concerns. This position will meet with students and provide appropriate referrals around a Culture of CARE (Connections, Academics, Resources, and Engagement). Oversee the coordination and management of the Spartan Pantry. Work the Dean of Students regarding the following functions: annual reporting, case management, and resource development.
- Lead the development and case management in support of students who need assistance in areas of referral to health services, counseling services, disability services, academic assistance, housing, food insecurities, community resources and basic needs. This includes the Spartan Pantry and Emergency Funds.
- Chart an action plan and consultation with students that implements managing an individuals distress, interventions, or referrals for on or off campus/community resources (United Way, Non-Profits, Community Health), and monitor student progress with continuity of care. Coordinate and collaborate with on campus and academic units to provide a culture of care and comprehensive network of communication. This includes monthly follow up with student cases.
- Create and implement trainings and initiatives that inform and educate the campus community (students, faculty, staff) about case management, student distress, and campus/community resources. Increase awareness and campus members capacity to understand the psychosocial, economic barriers, and basic needs of students and normalize help-seeking behaviors and communication.
- Develop program evaluations and lead the assessment of services provided. Prepare monthly/annual reports, identify trends, assess effectiveness, and progress towards goals, measures, and opportunities to improve student success. Review and participate in policies and procedures advocacy work that critically evaluates existing structures and systems.
- Work with the CARE Team, Health & Wellness Workgroup, campus committees, and create a Parents Association to communicate basic needs and culture of care and quarterly updates. May supervise a graduate student and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience. A successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Masters degree plus 3 year, experience working behavioral intervention, student concerns, nonprofit social issues, conducting presentations, data assessment. Social Work, Public Health, Nonprofit, Counseling, Student Affairs.
Salary: $51,586 – $55,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/141042
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.