Director of Advancement Services
University of South Carolina Upstate
Under limited supervision, reporting to the Vice Chancellor of University Advancement, the Director of Advancement Services, will support fundraising efforts, continuously improve the quality of data and implement higher education protocols and best practices. The Director is responsible for educating and training the University Advancement staff on data prospect management, research procedures, and establishing a prospecting strategy for the division. The Director supervises the Alumni/Development Coordinator I and a student worker. The Director will evaluate and make recommendations on continuous improvement processes to better serve University Advancement.
• Organizes and leads regular sessions to assign prospects, monitor timely movement through the pipeline, and develop and enhance strategy to convert prospects to donors; leads the team in prospect rating and screening process. Articulates a vision and plan that will most efficiently and effectively support the Development and Alumni Relations divisions in achieving their goals. Supervises the Alumni Development Coordinator I and a student worker. The Director will be tasked with mentoring his direct reports.
• Responds to information requests accurately and efficiently; assists development officers in identifying and segmenting data and information to facilitate their fundraising success. Plans, coordinates and collaborates with development staff to identify and anticipate informational needs. Supports the work of University Advancement through data analysis of elements important to fundraising, stewardship and engagement by partnering with development staff to develop personalized portfolios and create customized reports to identify current and prospective donors; develops strategies and measures performance and outcomes related to fundraising activities. Extracts, imports/exports, evaluates and compiles large amounts of data and information from multiple sources and merges data using established standards.
• Utilizes relationship management software database, in addition to a variety of different data sources, software, tools and platforms. Synchronizes, monitors, and conducts data exchange processes to include data updates from multiple sources. Develops database queries to identify and segment target populations, analyze constituencies, and extract data. Designs, creates and manages complex, standard, and ad-hoc reports using a relationship management database, in conjunction with other analytical tools to provide actionable information and detailed analyses.
• Works collaboratively with team to ensure the integrity, accuracy, and consistency of data to provide quality information, analysis and insight by adhering to quality standards and ensuring data is accurately collected and stored within the relationship management database. Prepares and maintains the department’s financial and statistical analysis reports.
• Develops clear policies and procedures to create, document and maintain an effective prospect management and tracking system.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience in an area such as alumni development, fundraising, prospect research, or business development. Ability to travel to conferences overnight for continual educational/professional development and growth. Maintain a valid driver’s license. A valid driver’s license, good driving record and successful background check are required.
Knowledge of fundraising software, especially Blackbaud CRM. Knowledge of online resources and database management. Familiarity with data import/export. Knowledge of higher education development.
$50,780 – $64,309; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For full job description and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/114911
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.