AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $35 billion company into the future. If you are looking to fuel your professional development and gain exposure in the field of Correspondent Lending, apply today!
The Escrow Tax/Insurance Specialist will be responsible for the escrow set-up, payment and monitoring of real estate taxes and insurance for Association’s High Priced Mortgage Loans (HPML) and portfolio loans. To include the processing of annual escrow analysis statements as well as customer support for portfolio borrowers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitors, updates and processes tax/insurance information
• Ensure all escrow items are remitted in a timely manner before delinquency date
• Responsible for monitoring receipt of trailing documents required for escrow account setup and
• escrow monitoring within 7 days of loan funding
• Setup escrow account and escrow items in servicing system for new loans
• Setup customer account with required vendor(s)
• Update escrow information as necessary to ensure payment from escrows are made to the
• correct insurance company/taxing authority
• Responsible for monitoring and obtaining outstanding insurance invoices and tax bills prior to
• payment due date
• Reconcile and process monthly tax vendor setup fees and bill fees
• Reconcile Quarterly Billing invoices and detail report to ensure accuracy
• Provide Quarterly Billing invoices and detail report to Associations and the Bank’s Accounting
• Coordinate account establishment of Lender Placed Insurance (LPI) for accounts that do not have evidence of insurance by the policy expiration date
Assists in the processing and administering the annual escrow analysis statements for
• Assists in the annual escrow analysis on all escrowed accounts within investor guidelines
• Reviews accounts for surplus and shortages
• Handles all escrow analysis questions in a timely manner
• Stays abreast of new insurance, tax, and escrow guidelines
Customer Support and Other Functions
• Responds to borrower and Association inquiries in a timely manner
• Ensures appropriate phone and email coverage when on break or at lunch
• Create and monitor tickets in Customer Service Group (CSG) Assyst to track escalated requests
• and complaints
• Backup the Loan Servicing Assistant for the unit’s shared voice mailbox (Checks messages
• every two hours and before leaving for the day.)
• Coordinates check-in call with Associations as needed/requested
• Assist in requesting and obtaining necessary information for the quarterly Vendor Management
• Review of tax vendor
• Responsible for updating procedures as needed per regulation and investor guidelines
• Performs other duties as requested by management
• High school diploma
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in the mortgage industry. Two (2) years of mortgage servicing and escrow processing experience is preferred
• General knowledge of all mortgage and consumer lending documents, practices and regulations
• Specific knowledge of RESPA, TIL and Integrated Disclosure guidelines.
• Excellent follow-up, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in various computer software programs including Microsoft Office,
database management and other business applications.
Flexibility to handle constantly changing multiple priorities and work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner