Information Security Analyst
University of South Carolina Upstate
Information Security Analyst assists the Senior Information Security Engineer in protecting the University’s Information systems through continual informational security analysis and threat mitigation practices. This work will involve vulnerability scanning of Information systems, remediating identified threats, and participating In Incident response.
Information Security Analysts will work in collaboration with cross-functional projects to protect University information systems. Work will also include increasing end-point security. Analyst will perform ongoing research on emerging security technology End use cyber security insight to improve the security posture of the University. This position requires a significant range of technology knowledge due to the projects and efforts it is directly responsible for overseeing which range In complexity, impact, and scope across the University. The role addresses technology, process, data security, and regulatory compliance as it pertains to the safety and privacy of all institutional data.
- Identify weaknesses in networks’ security system through vulnerability management, and mitigate Identified weakness with system patch, device hardening, or system policy.
- Ensure all alerts are monitored, interpreted, analyzed, and Investigated.
- Analyze threat detections and network flow.
- Participate in Incident response by providing requested data.
- Assists in development of Informational Security Policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines based on knowledge of best practices and compliance requirements and conduct security research to remain updated on current security Issues impacting the industry.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Systems or related field and 1 year related information technology security experience; or equivalency. Hold any one of these following certificates:
- CompTIA Certificates (Network , Security, CySA+, CASP)
- GIAC Certificates, aka SANS (GSEC, GCI, GCIH, GCFE, GCED, GPEN,…)
- EC-Council Certificates (CND, ECSI, CEH, CHFI, CNDA, …)
- Microsoft Systems (security preferred)
- Cisco Certificates (CCDA, CCNA, CCNP – Security preferred
A successful background check is required.
Experience with scripting languages, experience with M365 and Azure security and System administration and configuration are preferred.
Salary: $41,777-$65,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For full job description and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/106733
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.