- Manages, supports and enhances the organization’s relationships with technology/security related vendors, including the Department of Administration’s DTO, DIS, EPO, and PMO.
- Provides support to, liaises, and leverages service level agreements with vendors/product support teams.
Assists in the administration and continuing implementation of the agency’s comprehensive ISPP. Leads audits, annual compliance and risk exceptions with vendors.
- Researches and assists in the development and implementation of security related policies and training programs in accordance with STO, State and industry best practices and guidelines. Conducts regular security assessments and reviews. Writes security-related incident reports as required.
- Reviews, makes recommendations and updates the agency’s Business Continuity and Emergency Action Plans.
- Serves as secondary member of the agency’s helpdesk response team. Responds to user incidents and service requests, issue timely diagnosis and ensure timely resolution of issues involving the STO’s software and hardware solutions. Provide technical expertise and assistance to management and staff. Maintain familiarity with industry trends and technological improvements.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in communications, business administration, computer science (information technology), mathematics, statistics, management information science or a related field and experience in telecommunications, data processing and/or information technology. Relevant experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in IT operations performing complex information technology functions.
*Candidates must specifically meet the Agency Minimum Requirements or an equivalent combination of education and experience to be considered for this position.
Must be a highly effective communicator both orally and in writing. Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment. Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships and be able to comprehend and logically analyze situations before rendering decisions. Must exercise judgment and discretion at all times. Ability to effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadlines. Ability to work effectively with users, vendors and staff members. Ability to plan, direct, instruct and review the work of technical personnel. Extensive knowledge of computer systems analysis, design, testing, debugging and maintenance techniques. Extensive knowledge of computer programming languages.
On occasion may be called upon to work odd hours or long hours under pressure of meeting preestablished deadlines. Must be able to safely lift and carry equipment, files, books and reports weighing up to 20 pounds. Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for prolonged or intermittent periods of time. Must be able to reach, bend and twist at the waist to perform filing, desk work and operate general office equipment.
Experience managing or coordinating an Information Security Program. Knowledge and awareness of industry best practices and policies.
Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of a wide range of equipment, software and services necessary to develop and deliver information systems and solutions to meet the needs of the agency. Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies. Knowledgeable and experienced in IT security issues and solutions.