The State Treasurer’s Office promotes a culture that is a fast-paced environment that supports high performance, exceptional work product, accountability and collaboration. The IT Operations Specialist serves as a strategic, innovative and emerging IT leader in a collaborative, fast-paced, and solutions-driven environment.
- Provides technical helpdesk and desktop support to the STO’s end users to identify, document and resolve technical issues involving the agency’s software and hardware solutions.
- Participates in projects and initiatives to advance the operational effectiveness of the State Treasurer’s Office through cost savings, performance and customer satisfaction.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and technical Lead IT Liaison involving highly technical content, programs and/or applications to act as the liaison between the IT Division and assigned business areas interacting with end users to identify and document business requirements, to determine the best approach, to develop quality programs and detailed test plans, and to ensure all users are provided with adequate training.
- Provide project management and/or support to assigned agency divisions ensuring delivery of products that support the agency on time and to specification.
- Facilitates and leads assigned IT related functions to promote effective, efficient, transitional, educational and training operations for STO staff and personnel.
- Assists in the administration and continuing implementation of the agency’s comprehensive Information Security Program Plan.
- Serve as an agency representative working with external partners, consultants, vendors, or other agencies to arrive at the most appropriate system or integration of multiple systems.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a related technical field; or at least two (2) years of full-time experience in information technology administration or information security administration.
*Candidates must specifically meet the Agency Minimum Requirements or an equivalent combination of education and experience to be considered for this position.
Knowledge of information technology concepts and principles; experience in information technology project management; experience in designing and implementing information technology solutions; knowledge of information security program development and maintenance, including information security concepts, principles, policies, and procedures; knowledge of applicable regulatory policies, standards, procedures, and controls (e.g., SCDIS-200, NIST, COBIT, FedRAMP); excellent documentation skills; and ability to explain information security concepts to audiences outside the field.
Must be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Adaptability and flexibility regarding change and changing requirements are critical skills. Must be able to perform at high level in a team-oriented approach.
Must be able to safely lift and carry equipment, supplies, boxes, etc. weighing up to 45 lbs. Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for intermittent periods. Must be able to reach, bend, and twist at the waist to perform filing, desk work, and operate office equipment.
IT experience in a banking and/or financial organization. Extensive experience in SAP/SCEIS is preferred.
Candidates may apply directly at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/3120752/it-operations-specialist