AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located in a high-tech high-rise on a revitalized Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $35 billion company into the future. AgFirst is seeking a Lead Application Programmer/Developer.
The focus of this specialized, technically oriented position is on meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality based on established systems, technologies and guidelines. A key aspect of the job includes the ongoing identification of technical problems and the development of sound, carefully thought-out solutions. Problem solving is focused on proven systems and technologies and established organizational relationships. This job allows for autonomy and independence, and is primarily self-reliant. In general, this is a valued expert expected to deliver high quality, accurate results, while efficiently maintaining and enhancing existing organizational systems and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform a variety of programming assignments by using AgFirst standard development tools and methodologies.
• Build and maintain systems that meet stringent quality attributes such as performance and reliability.
• Actively participate in analyzing functional requirements, identify inaccuracies and inconsistencies.
• Work independently or as a team with Business Analyst to develop and clarify requirements
• Develop analysis diagrams such as use cases, flow diagrams etc. to document and communicate analysis results or issues to the project team.
• Understand and use AgFirst design standards and guidelines for designing applicatons and software modules
• Use Microsoft tools such as Visual Studio, VSTS, SQL manager for software development.
• Help maintain existing systems in production by analyzing performance and taking action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with manager and business owner.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being stored and processed.
• Evaluate interrelationships between application components and ensure no unintended changes are introduced in to the system.
• Participate and/or serve as a resource to technical solutions committees
• Maintain technical currency by keeping skills up to date through training, conferences, reading and collaboration with others
• Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate Degree in Computer Science, data processing or related field.
• 7+ years of experience in Application development
• 8+ years of experience in .NET stack development
• 5+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server
• 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Release Management
• 2+ years of experience with developing Web services
• Proficient with Microsoft VB .NET, C#, .NET, .NET Core and MVC
• Proficient with SSIS packaging
• Proficient with Entity Framework and Bootstrap
• Proficient with T-SQL programming skills including writing efficient stored procedures, database design and normalization, query optimization and understanding execution plans
• Proficient with Microsoft Release Management (TFS 2015 and TFS 2018) and proven ability to manage builds, releases and pipelines
• Proficient with Web services development (REST and SOAP), Web API and Microservices development
• Proficient in problem analysis, debugging, and production maintenance of applications
• Proficient in application design and application architecture
• Proficient in defensive programming, secure programming and code quality analysis
• Proven team leadership and the ability to mentor other programmers