Multimedia Content Producer
University of South Carolina Upstate
The multimedia content producer is responsible for telling stories using video and still photography that can be used on multiple platforms, including the university website, social media channels, and promotional materials such as advertisements. This position works collaboratively with members of the University Marketing and Communications team and campus partners to create visually compelling collateral that showcases the University, supports the recruitment and retention of students, and advances the University’s brand and image.
• Collaborate with the University Marketing and Communications team and campus partners, including Office of the Chancellor, on video needs. Handle video production process from beginning to end (includes developing ideas, storyboarding, scripting, filming, editing, selecting music, post-production, uploading) using Adobe Premiere, Final Cut and Adobe After Effects.
• Provide professional digital and print photography that tells the story of USC Upstate for high-level marketing and admissions materials. Capture marquee student events, such as graduation, move-in day, and orientation, and gatherings featuring the chancellor. Edit photos using Adobe Photoshop.
• Capture video and photos at select campus events that may occur on weekends or after normal business hours.
• Organize and maintain the university digital asset library (Canto) and maintain the university’s YouTube and Flickr accounts in coordination with the communications/content manager.
• Actively participate in team meetings and planning sessions by contributing ideas for new projects and suggesting areas for improvement or development.
• Other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree in photojournalism, marketing, visual/media arts, or a related field, plus at least 3 years of experience in multimedia production, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience. Ability to work nights and weekends as required. A valid driver’s license, good driving record, and successful background check are required.
Familiarity with creating videos and photos in a higher education and/or marketing environment a plus.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/136044
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.