Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is looking for a project architect to join our team in Greenville, South Carolina. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined architecture and engineering firms, GMC is equipped to provide all the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.
Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. We are guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and for this reason, we strive to find the best of the best to join our team. Our mission is “to create opportunities for our people and the people we serve to create communities that thrive.” We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference, and we place high value on being part of our communities and giving back to the places where we live and work. If this resonates with you, we hope you’ll apply to join our team!
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the firm’s values and standards for project delivery and client management.
• Expresses understanding of the industry standards and the expectations of the client.
• Demonstrates the skills required for effective team contributions to the firm’s success including contributions to firm standards and employee development.
• Independently applies extensive diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments and related fields.
• Demonstrates full competency in all conventional aspects of the design practice.
• Capable of independently performing a variety of assignments for large and complex projects.
• Demonstrates relevant skills in conceptual design, planning, and programming.
• Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
• Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD.
• Ability to produce and present conceptual project information to clients.
• Capable of producing construction documents independently or as part of a team.
• Reviews and approves scopes, budgets and schedules for projects.
• Prepares proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for architectural projects or programs.
• Responsible for financial management of projects.
• QA/QC – Executes cross discipline checks and coordination, completes project documents with conformity and quality assurance, recognizes and reports risk management concerns to VP as appropriate, completes project closeout procedure.
• Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Suite
• Must have understanding of the requirements and function of commercial project types
• Must be a self-starter, collaborator and able to establish productive and positive working relationships with clients, consultants, contractors, team members and other employees
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a professional Architect
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
• Engaged in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of technical and contemporary issues
• Professional architect
• Valid driver’s license
For additional details about this position and to apply, visit the following link: https://gmcnetwork.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/160.