An Introduction to the Company:
Integrated Biometrics, LLC (IB) designs and manufactures FBI-certified fingerprint sensors for law enforcement, military operations, homeland security, national identity, election validation, social services, and a wide range of commercial applications. The company’s patented light emitting sensor technology enables lightweight scanners that outperform traditional prism-based devices in size, power consumption, portability, and reliability. Identity management solutions providers, government agencies, and corporations around the world rely on Integrated Biometrics’ products to enroll and verify individual identity quickly and accurately, even in remote locations.
IB is a multi-national company that is rapidly scaling with high double-digit sales growth, with all the challenges and opportunities that accompany rapid scale and growth.
IB has been recognized as one of the South Carolina Top-25 Fastest Growing Companies in 2016, 2017, 2019 and 2020 and in the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
One day at Integrated Biometrics is never like the next!
Typical work includes:
The Support Engineer is a value-driven, intuitive support team member that can make integrating our scanners as easy as possible for our clients. The primary purpose of this position is to support customer integration and issues with IB products post-sales in both a hardware and software capacity.
• Support IB and partner sales representatives with product and integration questions in the post-sales process
• Acting as Liaison between Sales/customer and Engineering
• Lab Testing / Case Replication
• Operating System and SDK integration support and testing
• Software / hardware installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Project workflow analysis
• Provide onsite project and product support, as needed, approximately 20% travel
• Review and contribute to technical marketing publications to review for accuracy.
• Utilize existing company platforms to contribute to public and internal knowledge base, track tasks, and log and report on support cases
• Document and provide written troubleshooting procedures for partners / integrators in the field
Needed Traits (Must Haves)
• BS or comparable work experience in a science, mechanical, or IT industry
• Some engineering / technical troubleshooting experience
• Proof of ability to communicate directly with clients in a 1-1 capacity on technical topics.
Biometric industry standards and certifications
Implementation concepts for embedded device models
Application development for mobile and desktop
Basic electrical concepts for low voltage hardware
• Formal or in-depth working experience with Windows and Linux
• One or more common software languages (Specific interest in C, C++, Java, C#)
• One or more common frameworks: Specific interest in Android, .NET
• Embraces teamwork and ability to facilitate to achieve positive and productive outcomes
• Proven communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly build relationships and manage the interrelationship between projects and stakeholder.
• Proficient in Office 365 environment including working knowledge of Visual Studio,Teams and Drop Box.
• Working knowledge of code hosting platforms
• Knowledge with CRM Platforms
• International travel is required, as needed, must be able to travel out of the USA without restriction.
• Easy access to work on-site at Spartanburg, SC site as needed.
• Ability to travel domestically and international without restriction (up to 20%)
Targeted Salary 65K-80K
Desired Traits (Like to Haves)
Knowledge of internal platforms:
Experience related to:
• USB hardware architecture
• Biometric industry standards and certifications
Knowledge of ERP Platforms
Other Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Work independently and as a team when needed to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Management and observance of confidentiality requirements and expectations.
• Desire to be an active part of and strengthen the IB culture of a team environment focused on accountability, diligence, delivering results and mutual respect.
• Effective two-way communication written, verbal and in-person.
(listening to others when they communicate and asking questions to better understand).
• Politely persistent follow-up talent.
• Chameleon-like ability to adapt to changing tasks throughout the day.
• Fired up to be part of a growing, scaling hardware / tech company.
To be part of the IB team:
In early 2017, Integrated Biometrics adopted the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) – as taught in TRACTION by Gino Wickman. We use this approach for the overall foundation of the organization. The results have been good to excellent. Naturally, we continue to extend EOS to all levels of the organization. It has become an important part of our culture of achievement.
Our executive offices, including marketing, finance, accounting, domestic logistics and strategic engineering, are based in Spartanburg SC. Our manufacturing and product / process / engineering offices are outside of Seoul, South Korea. We also have an expanding R&D lab and film production facility in Chandler, AZ. The majority of IB’s sales resources work remotely across the globe.
• Provide finger-print identity sensors, solutions, and services to the world.
o Friendly – Cooperative – Good Listener – Respectful
Get Things Done
o Persistent – Curious & Innovative – Results Oriented – Proactive Resourceful Common Sense – Helpful – Enthusiastic – Adaptable
o Trustworthy – Team Player – Cooperative Relationships – Honest – Reliable – Quality Work – Unbiased Behavior – Support for Workplace Diversity
Responses can be submitted to: [email protected]