The City of Columbia’s Community Development Department is accepting applications for a new housing rehabilitation program, SHINE (Single-Family Housing Improvement for Neighborhood Enhancement). This program includes projects ranging from weatherization up to home replacement for houses located in the City of Columbia.
Applications will only be accepted in-person during an open enrollment session. Applicants must meet the requirements and applications must be complete with all of the required documents.
- The home must be single-family, owner-occupied and located in the incorporated limits of the City of Columbia
- The household must meet the income requirement of low or moderate
- The owner must live in the home or has owned the home for a minimum of five (5) years
Open enrollment session:
Wednesday, June 28th
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Earlewood Park, 1113 Recreation Dr., Columbia, SC 292023
Applications for the SHINE program are available online at https://CommunityDevelopment.ColumbiaSC.gov/SHINE and at the following local community centers starting on June 1, 2023:
- Busby St. Community Center, 1735 Busby St.
- Hyatt Park, 950 Jackson Ave.
- Greenview Park, 6700 David St.
- Lorick Park, 1600 Lorick Ave.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Park, 2300 Greene St.
- Pinehurst Park, 2300 Pinehurst Rd.
- Katheryn M. Bellfield Booker Washington Heights Cultural Arts Center, 2611 Grant St.
- City Hall, 1737 Main St.