Firm Ranks Fourth in Large Company Category of Annual Competition
GREENVILLE, SC – October 21, 2008 – Elliott Davis, LLC, one of the largest accounting and business advisory firms in the Southeast, has been selected as one of the “2008 Best Places to Work in South Carolina.” The firm ranked fourth in the large company (250 employees or more) category, up one from fifth place in 2007.
All winners were notified at the awards banquet held at the Embassy Suites in Columbia, S.C. on Oct. 17, 2008. The multiyear initiative to encourage South Carolina companies to focus, measure and move their workplace toward excellence involved a partnership among the S.C. Chamber of Commerce; the S.C. Society for Human Resource Management’s S.C. State Council; and SC Biz News, operator of SCJobMarket.com and publisher of the Charleston Regional Business Journal, the Columbia Regional Business Report, GSA Business and SCBIZ Magazine.
“By winning this prestigious award for the second year in a row, we know that our efforts to make Elliott Davis the workplace of choice are succeeding,” said Bob Wilson, chief human resources officer for Elliott Davis.
“We look forward to continuing our existing programs, and listening to the needs of our employees to create even better programs for the future,” added Wilson.
All 2008 winners participated in a three-stage program which consisted of:
(1) Eligibility Determination – all companies must be a for-profit, not-for-profit business, or government entity; must be a publicly or privately-held business; have a facility in the state of South Carolina; have a minimum of 25 employees in the state of South Carolina; and must be in business a minimum of one year.
(2) Employee Surveys – Best Companies Group conducted a random sampling of up to 400 employees at each company and asked them to complete the 65-question online survey focused on work environment, programs, policies and other workplace-related matters.
(3) Employer Infrastructure and Practices Inventory – each company was also asked to complete a detailed online survey about the company’s policies, practices and demographics.
The following Elliott Davis programs were among many of the reasons the firm was selected as one of the “2008 Best Places to Work in South Carolina:”
(1) Women In Leadership Initiative – The Women in Leadership Steering Committee was established in 2005 to champion the growth and success of women team leaders. Its mission is to continue to succeed and grow our business, Elliott Davis will foster an environment to attract, retain, develop and encourage the leadership of talented women. As a result of this initiative, women at Elliott Davis are: an integral part of the new leadership training program; have assumed influential roles on important firm committees; forums specifically for professional women and their issues have been held annually; and networking opportunities for women professionals with other female business leaders have been created.
(2) Flexible Work Environment and Schedules – Elliott Davis works with individually with each employee to determine what type of schedule will allow them to thrive at the firm.
(3) College Recruiting – Once hired by Elliott Davis, recent college graduates are not hidden behind the scenes. Instead, they are partnered with senior staff members where they can apply their knowledge and abilities from Day One. Elliott Davis also offers opportunities for accelerated career development, allowing each new staff member to reach their personal and professional goals.
(4) Internships – Internships are offered to undergraduate and graduate accounting students during busy season and during the summer between school years. Interns become familiar with the business of public accounting through their involvement in meaningful client assignments and working across different industries. Additionally, Elliott Davis hosts a two-day Student Leadership Forum in the summer to provide promising accounting professionals with an opportunity to thrive in the world of public accounting.
(5) Continuing Education – Learning and Development Programs – At Elliott Davis, a talent development manager and trained coaches encourage each employee’s career development by helping them to clearly-defined their career paths and learn activities from staff accountant through shareholder levels. An Accelerated Career Experience (ACE) program is available for those interested in putting their careers on the fast track. Additionally, all Elliott Davis team members participate in a minimum of 40 hours of high-quality technical and professional development training each year.
(6) Rewards and Benefits Programs – Elliott Davis offers the following programs: a. Work/Life Integration – Elliott Davis employees are encouraged to take an active role in scheduling their time commitments and meeting the needs of their clients. This flexibility gives employees the ability to attend important personal and family activities that occur during normal business hours. New team members receive up to 26 days of annual paid time off (PTO) and eight paid holidays each year. b. Medical and Dental Coverage c. 401(k) Plan d. Learning & Development e. Disability Insurance f. Life Insurance g. Cafeteria (Flex 125 Plan) h. College Savings 529 Plan i. Recreational Events
ABOUT ELLIOTT DAVIS, LLC
Since 1925, Elliott Davis has been the accounting and business advisory firm that helps emerging and middle market clients continually improve their financial management. Today, Elliott Davis is one of the largest accounting and business advisory firms in the Southeast, and for the second consecutive year among the top five companies awarded as “ Best Places to Work in South Carolina.” Elliott Davis has 50 shareholders and 400 employees in 10 offices throughout four Southeastern states. Elliott Davis’ affiliates include Elliott Davis Capital Partners, LLC, a regional investment banking firm; Elliott Davis Technology Solutions, LLC, a leading full-service network integration and security provider; and Elliott Davis Investment Partners, which creates objective and competent investment solutions customized to meet the needs of individuals, companies, endowments and foundations. The firm is a member of The Leading Edge Alliance, an international professional association of independently-owned accounting and consulting firms based in the U.S., and is strategically aligned with LEA Europe and LEA Asia Pacific, a worldwide network of 300 offices in 80 countries around the globe. For more information about Elliott Davis and its services, visit www.elliottdavis.com.