Academic Advisor – Grant
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Academic Advisor is a full-time 12 month staff position in the Mary Black School of Nursing. The position is responsible for advising students, promoting good advisement practices, and assisting with academic support for upper division nursing students. The academic advisor assesses students’ needs, goals, interests and prior academic experiences in order to guide students in the design and implementation of a successful academic plan. Maintains an advising load and works directly with students to accomplish educational goals. Key aspects include maintenance of the integrity of academic policies, while being a student advocate and fostering a culture of student responsibility and success, providing students with information about possible consequences of academic decisions, and creating plans of study. Must maintain knowledge of all the degree programs. Able to evaluate transcripts for equivalency.
- Maintains integrity of academic policies, while being a student advocate and fostering a culture of student responsibility and success.
- Provides students with information about possible consequences of academic decisions, and creating plans of study. Must maintain knowledge of all the degree programs. Able to evaluate transcripts for equivalency.
- Maintains accurate data for reports and informed decision-making. Keeps advising statistics, work schedule, and other reporting documents up-to-date. (e.g. Banner, Degree Works and SharePoint)
- Plans and develops workshops and services that respond to the academic needs of students. Assists and leads in living learning community and pre-immersion experiences.
- Assist with implementation of the Early Intervention Program and manage student follow-up visits.
Master’s degree with a minimum of 1-year experience in higher education, academic advising, academic support services, and/or first year programming, or bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience. A successful background check sis required.
Salary: $36,047; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/114696
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.