Administrative Assistant to the Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Administrative Assistant to the Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor coordinates the Office of Academic Affairs, provides administrative support to the Provost and other administrators and staff within the Office of Academic Affairs, supports and guides academic units in Academic Affairs policies and procedures, and interfaces positively with faculty, staff, students, and the general public. The position requires exceptional organizational, administrative, and customer service skills.
• Coordinates the daily administration of the Office of Academic Affairs; supports the Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor and other administrators and staff with scheduling and appointments; attends and records meetings when requested; assists with preparations for meetings when requested; helps prepare drafts and reviews final communications from the Office of the Provost when requested; distributes correspondence on behalf of the Office of Academic Affairs, maintains important Academic Affairs documents and records; maintains comprehensive files and gathers data and records for compliance with SACSCOC and CHE; schedules and trains student assistants to provide reception and phone coverage for the office as needed.
• Provides administrative support to all Faculty Governance Committees as needed, such as meeting place scheduling, catering, and document preparation; works closely with the Faculty Senate Chairs and Secretary to coordinate important functions of Faculty Governance, including preparation and distribution of Senate agendas, minutes, and other documents; assists the Provost with committee work as needed such as approvals, signatures, letters, and other correspondence necessary for the Committees’ functions; keeps records of and communicates committee approvals that impact academic policies and procedures (e.g. general education approvals).
• Coordinates the financial side of the Committee for Faculty Excellence Awards by collecting, reviewing, and tracking the requests from all department to ensure compliance and funding availability; holds a University travel card, prepares and submits all travel requests for the Office of Academics staff and fills in as needed to prepare and submit faculty and student travel requests from other Academic Affairs units when needed; receive and review purchasing forms (PCF’s, reimbursements, travel reports, etc.) that require Provost approval for accuracy and compliance before routing to the appropriate signatories.
• Hold a University Purchasing card for the purchase of supplies, payments of invoices, and other purchasing tasks as needed for the Office of Academic Affairs; serve as the liaison for other cardholders in Academic Affairs, which includes reallocated expenses and maintaining accurate records of bank statements and receipts, in accordance with the University’s purchasing card policies and procedures; prepare and submit payment requests and requisitions for the Office of Academic Affairs as needed; provide spending/budget reports to the Provost and other Academic Affairs staff on a regular basis; maintain expertise in University purchasing guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Plan and coordinate Academic Affairs events such as receptions, workshops, and large meetings (scheduling, catering, expense tracking).
• Provide administrative support for other units within the Office of Academic Affairs as needed; support other departments in Academic Affairs temporarily during emergencies or short-term vacancies; other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years related experience in business management, public administration, or administrative services; or equivalency. Successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Associate’s degree and 4 years related experience in business management, administrative services or related field; or equivalency.
Salary: $34,331 – $46,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/117719
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.