Assistant AD of Internal Operations
University of South Carolina Upstate
This role supports the athletic department with a primary focus on Athletic Facility and Event Management, as well as Administration. This position provides professional assistance to the Athletic Director, focusing on home athletic events and athletic facilities, and will also be responsible for the daily supervision and coordination of the Athletic Facilities which will include event preparation and event and facility management.
• Hire, trains, and supervises staff of part-time and student employees for basketball games (approx. 30 games per year.
• Train event management staff in crowd control, hospitality, ticketing, scanning, parking, etc.
• Serve as point of contact for visiting teams and game officials.
• Create/update visiting team guides and game official information packets that are sent to visiting teams and game officials.
• Review and update (as needed), annually, sport specific game management policy and procedures.
• Serve as game manager for most home athletic events
• Submit all home game schedules and service requests to the University Office of Special Events, provide updates, as necessary.
• Set-up and breakdown home event sites on game days
• Escort visiting teams and officials to field/court and serve as in-game liaison for both.
• Monitor weather forecasts prior to and during games to ensure adherence to the Lightning/Inclement weather policy.
• Monitor spectators to ensure adherence to the fan code of conduct and generally safety.
• Troubleshoot, as needed, during an event.
Athletic Ticket Office
• Oversee the day-to-day operation of the athletic ticketing website.
• Create and update game specific information in the athletic ticket software suite.
• Create ticketing packages (season, flex, etc.)
• Along with the External Operations staff, communicate with ticket holders through e-mail and text message for game reminders and promotional opportunities.
• Design and order ticket stock, if needed.
• Design, implement and monitor online ticket sales.
• Reconcile in-person cash and credit card sales.
• Deposit credit card sales.
• Process all complimentary tickets (pass lists, staff, guests, etc.).
• Maintain documentation of revenue reconciliations (digital and hard copy).
• Process payments over the phone or in-person during on non-game days.
• Process payments on gamedays, when necessary.
• Review ticketing policies and software to ensure efficiency of the policies and procedures in place.
• Train staff members on how to use the ticketing software as well as the ability to troubleshoot problems when they arise.
• Responsible for identifying and scheduling maintenance of athletic facilities in conjunction with staff, University Facilities Management, and outside contractors.
• Responsible for the development of special projects (e.g., court refinishing, video board/scoreboard procurement, renovations, etc.)
• Submit department requests for capital funding.
• Submit department requests for work orders and serve as the point of contact. Assist with supervising and managing budget control of work requests, supervising vendors and contractors during projects, identifying areas of improvement for future consideration, determining cost preventative measures when planning areas of interest for improvement and suggesting areas of need for maintenance within the facility.
• Serve as the liaison between the Department of Facilities Management and Athletics.
• Troubleshoots and coordinates repairs as necessary.
• Assist sports programs with any improvements to facilities.
• Coordinate the installation of new signage at athletic facilities.
• Review and approve/reject student-athlete pass lists for games.
• Oversee the issuance and sellback of the student-athlete book scholarship, if needed.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of various events hosted by the Athletic Department (e.g. Banquets, Hall of Fame ceremonies, etc.).
• Serve as a liaison with the university’s transportation coordinator to book buses and transportation for our athletic programs or special groups (i.e., student fan bus).
• Serve as liaison between the Office of Special Events and Athletics regarding athletic events/games as well as facility rentals.
• Assist with various administrative tasks within the department as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree and 2 years related program experience. Proof of valid driver’s license, good driving record, successful background check are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferences: knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations, experience working in an athletic environment in a University setting, and experience with the NCAA rules.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/131084
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.