Assistant Director of Housing for Residence Life
University of South Carolina Upstate
Under the leadership of the Associate Director of Residence Education and Student Engagement, the Assistant Director is responsible for day-to-day residential life operations of our three residential communities. The Assistant Director supervises 1-3 Residential Life Graduate Assistants/Assistant Hall Directors, who in turn supervise 2 Senior Student Staff (S3), 8-12 Resident/Community Advisers, and up to 15 Summer Conference Assistants (SCA) student employees. The Assistant Director adjudicates issues of student conduct. The Assistant Director will also take lead in different department functions such as summer conference operations, Living-Learning Communities, and assists with staff training and development as a presenter. The Assistant Director assists with staff recruitment and selection. The Assistant Director also participates in a weekly on-call rotation for after-hours emergencies.
• Lead the department in residential life components including room inventory/condition, monthly key inventory, rosters head counts, health/safety checks, staff rounds, and staff programming.
• Assist with recruitment and training of the graduate staff (RLGA or equivalent including undergraduate Assistant Hall Director); supervise, develop and evaluate the RLGA/AHD staff in their housing competency development to manage their buildings and supervise their S3’s and RAs/CAs.
• Assist with the recruitment, selection, hiring, and training of the RA/CA and DA student staff. Assist with the grad/AHD development in areas of supervising, scheduling, and evaluating student staff S3’s/RA’s/CA’s.
• Provide support during large-scale events (move-in, orientation, department/division wide events, Fab Fridays, Open House, Late Night Breakfast, Homecoming, etc.); may present at these events. Provide support to summer conference groups and staff.
• Recruit, train, hire, supervise, schedule, and evaluate up to 15 Summer Conference Assistants (SCA) student staff. When applicable work alongside the ACUHO-I Intern for Residence Education with the SCAs.
• Lives on site and is available to students and others on campus in the event of an emergency. Serves as a liaison for Upstate campus support offices.
• Adjudicate issues of student conduct and provide support and education for students who are struggling at the university.
• Be knowledgeable of StarRez software and utilize reports and other functions. Assists with Cbord CS Gold student ID access, Persona. Assists with reviewing maintenance work orders and School Building submissions from students. Assists in the collection of data and generating various reports related to enrollment, budgets, and historical data.
• Responsible for Summer Resident check in and check out processes and evaluation of camps and reservations. Provides day-to-day supervision of assigned summer residential area including addressing issues from students, interns and guests.
• Other duties as assigned by Associate Director or Director.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years related experience in housing and residence life. Programming experience required. Valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and a successful background check are required.
Experience in campus housing/residential life. Experience with Banner, StarRez (Housing Assignment Software), Maxient (Student Conduct Software), and CS Gold.
Salary: $38,758 – $45,000
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/146542
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
The USC Upstate offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
• Health and Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs
• Paid Tuition Program
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Professional Development Opportunities