CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER DIRECTOROctober 8, 2021
NEW PROSPECT BAPTIST CHURCH
CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER
JOB TITLE: CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER DIRECTOR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB
To manage the day-to-day operations and establish and sustain a positive learning environment for children. You should maintain a friendly demeanor, have a love for children, and strive to create a supportive and encouraging environment for both children and teachers. Oversee the coordination of education programs that comply with local and federal regulations, ensure that facilities are maintained, manage and support center staff, and work with the Financial Administrator to help maintain financial stability. CDC Director reports directly to the CDC Board.
The tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of the time working in this job. Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work of the job as necessary.
• Ensure a safe, happy, and stimulating-environment for children.
• Manage and coordinate curriculums (and Bible lessons) with staff that complies with federal and state regulations.
• Evaluate and purchase materials, equipment and supplies.
• Manage and support teachers and promote their professional development.
• Interview, hire, and train new staff members, ensuring they meet all policies and legal requirements.
• Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up to date on childcare standards and procedures.
• Communicate and meet with parents regarding their children and CDC policies.
• Maintain an open-door policy, so Director is available to talk at any time with staff members and parents about concerns or a child’s progress.
• Process the weekly family invoices, post family checks & late notices. Work with Financial Administrator to know the centers budget.
• Develop and facilitate a marketing and communication plan.
• Process enrollments, keep attendance and health
and safety records.
• Keep all children’s files up to date, including medical and emergency contact information, and records of behavioral incidents.
• Maintain staff to provide a work schedule to ensure guidelines for ratios of staff to children are met.
• Conduct teacher evaluations, observe teachers in classrooms, and rate his/her performance.
• Maintain full compliance with all licensing paperwork and schedule inspections as needed. Keep records to be sure they are in compliance with licensing and continuing education requirements.
• Maintain fire and disaster preparedness drills as required by law.
• Maintain policies and plans for dealing with various types of emergencies or storm disaster in the center.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCITONS
Provides backup for Staff when necessary.
• Comply with local, state, and federal laws governing child care.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
• Friendly and approachable demeanor.
• Maintain a professional appearance, attitude and work ethic at all times.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Salary depending on qualifications.
4996 Hwy 221 S Laurens, SC 29360