The Creative Director for USC Upstate is responsible for elevating and bringing USC Upstate’s brand vision to life through unique and aspirational creative executions that build brand awareness of the university and celebrate its stories. Reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Strategic Marketing and Communications, the Creative Director ideates, designs and produces digital and print materials, moving them from concept to completion. This position works with a variety of constituents including academic departments, university divisions, Office of the Chancellor, donor prospects and alumni.
• Creates comprehensive, original graphic design and layout concepts for marketing needs, including digital and print advertising, print publications, and promotional collateral. Develops guidelines and graphic identity standards for visual designs that support the university’s overall branding philosophy and strategy. Serve as Lead Designer when needed. Designs to follow marketing best practices.
• Collaborate with campus departmental partners to determine needs and deadlines, and develop and produce promotional materials for print and digital use. Facilitate the planning, creation and timely production of promotional materials that conform to brand standards. Oversee impactful brand experiences and a scalable design system across all university assets. Translate communications strategies and brand positioning into creative approaches that resonate with a range of target audiences. Serve as project manager for all design requests submitted to University Marketing and Communications.
• Act as brand steward and leading visual identity expert with campus stakeholders and leadership. Uphold and enforce USC Upstate brand guidelines on all campus communications and provide guidance and constructive instruction to faculty and staff on branding best practices. Leads training sessions for campus community on brand guidelines and usage.
• Supervise a graphic designer, a university photographer and collaborates with Studio Upstate and freelancers as needed.
• Oversee production of marketing materials, including gathering bids from vendors for printed and promotional items.
• Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree and 3 years professional experience related to the development and dissemination of informational material, or Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience. Degree related to graphic design, experience working in graphic design required. A good driving record, valid driver’s license and a successful background check are required.
The Creative Director is a seasoned designer with a proven track record of creative, inspiring work in digital and print mediums, deadline oriented, and significant experience in brand management. Requires the ability to constantly prioritize and meet deadlines in a high demand environment and ability to work extended hours until the job is complete.
$54,974 – $75,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/130644
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.