Development CommitteeAugust 25, 2020
Since 2003, the South Carolina Cancer Alliance has been dedicated to the prevention and early detection of cancer, as well as improving the treatment of those affected by this disease. The Alliance consists of volunteers who represent the state’s medical community, academic institutions, nonprofit organizations, and various community groups.
The South Carolina Cancer Alliance is seeking interested candidates for the Development Committee. We are looking for individuals who take our development and outreach responsibility seriously and select nominees to the Committee who have proven leadership ability in their professional life and their community/civic involvement. We also seek individuals who are promising or emerging leaders in their professions or communities.
Development Committee Composition
At least 3-6 volunteer members comprised of the following:
• Non-Board members (chair of Committee will be appointed to the Board of Directors)
• At Large members who have interest in or experience in non-profit fundraising
• Program Development Director
Development Committee Roles and Responsibilities
• Revise and update current fund development plan.
• Develop an annual calendar for the committee’s activities, including critical dates, milestones and required board actions.
• Engage in advocacy and networking.
• Analyze relationships with current and prospective major donors and funders and develop individualized strategies to cultivate or strengthen those relationships.
• Analyze relationships with current and prospective corporate sponsors, devise sponsorship packages, and work with staff and Board to develop relationships.
• Tap respective networks for potential donors of money, time and in-kind support.
Development Committee Member Expectations
• Attend and participate in regular (virtual) Fundraising Committee meetings.
• Contribute financially to the organization at a level meaningful to the individual.
• Come prepared to participate and engage.
• 4-8 hours per month (include meeting and outreach events).
Individuals interested in serving on the South Carolina Cancer Alliance Development Committee may contact Alison Taylor, Program Development Director at [email protected].