University of South Carolina Upstate
In support of the Vice Chancellor of External Affairs and Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant provides executive and administrative support for a wide range of duties. The position requires independent judgment, precision, excellent communication, organization, and strong interpersonal skills to provide professional level work in analysis, research and preparation of a variety of reports, tracking, contact history and administrative support with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
• Provides leadership in planning, organizing and administering functions of the Vice Chancellor of External Affairs and Chief of Staff’s office. Manages, prioritizes and coordinates the calendar to include preparation/provision of all information and materials for briefing the Vice Chancellor of External Affairs and Chief of Staff on meetings and events. Serves as Vice Chancellor of External Affairs and Chief of Staff’s liaison with students, staff, faculty, community, executives and professional organizations. Will setup meetings, reserve venues, confirm meetings, and organize travel. Handles professional correspondence (confidential and general).
• Based on the Vice Chancellor of External Affairs and Chief of Staff’s calendar, plans, organizes and drafts/prepares/formats of all information and presentations/reports to be utilized by the Vice Chancellor of External Affairs and Chief of Staff for meetings and events. Manages work flow in a timely and accurate manner. Liaises with appropriate departments (i.e. College Deans/Programs Directors, University Advancement, Enrollment Services, Institutional Research, etc.) to obtain/maintain information and resources. Drills down, expands and synthesizes information/data for presentations or meetings.
• Tracks meetings, prepares summary records and contact briefs in a timely manner. Coordinates with University Advancement for prospect research and contact information, and enters prospect activity and contact reports in the alumni and donor database. Organizes and maintains information needed for all department scope and vision.
• Administers departmental paperwork – e.g.,forms, receipts and reimbursements, expenditures, credit card and budget review utilizing various online systems.
• Researches, compiles, analyzes and organizes data for the use in discussions speaking engagements, events and meetings. Request and follow up to obtain data to make sure VCEA/CoS is fully briefed prior to meetings.
• Coordinates or participates in special projects as assigned. Perform other related duties.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience in business management, public administration, or administrative services; or equivalency. Will have professional, executive assistant level experience. Successful background check is required.
Experience in an higher education setting.
$40,933 – $47,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/125719
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.