Financial Aid Accountant/Assistant Director of Loans
University of South Carolina Upstate
Performs accounting functions associated with all federal Title IV programs, all state programs, and all institutional assistance programs; maintain an appropriate system of internal controls to assure accounting functions in compliance with federal regulations, state regulations, and institutional policies. Maintains and reconciles all management reports related to financial aid.
• Upon Cashier entry of journal entries, recoveries, repayments, etc., ensure Banner is updated regarding all appropriate records and that updates are reported to ED via electronic software programs and websites. Institutional refunds – calculate the funds to be returned based on institutional policies and procedures.
• Responsible for Pell reporting and reconciliation – monitors NSLDS overpayments. Ensure Pell LEU reports are reconciled.
• Supervise the loan processing and loan counselors
• Works with the Director to prepare and edit FISAP information to Department of ED which reports Title IV activities for current year and submits application to participate in federal funding for future years.
• Counsels with students and parent concerning the awarding of financial aid.
• Responsible for Return to Title IV calculations and adjusting financial aid awards, determining proper distribution, and updating records in all accounting systems. Responsible for establishing aid source accounts; accurately calculating, processing refunds and repayment to student’s aid source accounts, and ED.
• Responsible for processing Verification for a portion of students, making sure collected information is correct and making changes with the Financial Aid System and monitoring corrections from COD.
• Reconcile Pell Grant funds and Direct Loans with Banner and COD, monthly and yearly.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Complete Counselor Review and Process Verification for a portion of the student alphabet.
Associate’s degree with 12 semester hours of accounting courses and 1 year of clerical accounting or bookkeeping experience; or high school diploma and 3 years related experience; or equivalent education and experience. Successful background check is required.
Prefer strong knowledge of financial aid regulations, compliance with ED, sound accounting procedures and specifically knowledgeable of federal fiscal procedures, practices, and policies.
$35,568 – $39,140; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/124013
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.