HRL Office ManagerFebruary 16, 2023
HRL Office Manager
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Office Manager (OM) performs daily routine administrative/office duties such as greeting and receiving students and visitors to the office and providing administrative support to Housing and Residential Life (HRL) including both full-time and graduate staff. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the HRL office and serves as a resource for visitors, student staff and residents. The Office Manager has responsibility for several special projects throughout the year.
- Communicate with the public by responding to inquiries or concerns and provides accurate information by phone, email or in-person. Monitors the Housing Residential Life email over the course of the day. Submit work orders utilizing SchoolDude/SchoolBuilding software and communicate with students and Facilities Management regarding work orders. Using Maxient software create Student Conduct cases from incident reports and assign hearing officers. Assists with working MoveUP in August (check-in) and may check other students in who are late arriving or new at some point in the semester. Monitor Sparty’s printer and office supply inventory; coordinate and place orders for supplies as needed including Pepsi products.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for the Director of Housing and Residential Life and provide support on special projects. Provide administrative support as needed to all members of the HRL professional team.
- Provide administrative support to Associate Director for Administration and Business Operations (ADABO) by assisting with travel paperwork, payment requests, purchasing card allocations, purchase requisitions, uploading charges and fees to student accounts and monthly reporting. Work with the ADABO to maintain HRL Website content and updates. Coordinate annual review and updates of department forms and print materials. Handle cash receipting and deposits. Utilize Banner software to audit accounts, place and remove holds on student accounts.
- Support and supervise student assistants who communicate with the public by responding to inquiries or concerns and provides accurate information by phone, email or in-person. Provide daily direction of tasks for the SOAs (SOA; office desk assistants) and contribute to their annual employment evaluation. Work the Associate Director for Residence Education and Student Engagement on recruitment, selection, and hiring of the Student Office Assistants. Assist with and facilitate as scheduled, some SOA training every August and January. Conduct monthly staff meetings with SOA staff.
- Deliver and administer projects including SWAG bag research, order and design MoveUP t-shirt, coordinate Lift/Loft requests. Completes other duties as assigned.
- Assist with University events including OAR, MoveUP, Fab Friday, Open Houses, and Homecoming. Assist with summer camps and conferences as needed. Participate in Divisional committees and staff development activities/events.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma and 4 years of related work in an office setting or a bachelor’s degree. Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and successful background check are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Computer knowledge and MS Office. Experience with PeopleSoft, Banner, StarRez, and Maxient.
Salary: $35,235 – $40,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/140399
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.