Library Technical Specialist
University of South Carolina Upstate
Library Technical Specialist for processing and performing tasks related to the procurement of library materials in all formats.
• Serves as the library’s materials acquisitions specialist, ordering books, e-books, streaming media, and other physical and digital materials for the library’s circulating and reference collections.
• Receives and processes incoming orders and ships outgoing items for additional processing by Columbia or bindery as needed.
• Oversees the library’s budget/fund accounts for all materials. Ensures the timely payment of invoices, tracks spending, and produces budget reports. Communicates with vendors to resolve problems with orders, payments, or access.
• Assists with unit-wide technical services projects as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Researches and maintains streaming media licenses and related information.
• Participates in training and professional development opportunities as needed.
• Serves on library and university committees, working groups, and task groups according to interests and as time allows.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 1-year library related experience, or high school diploma and 5 years of library or related experience. A successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience with Alma library services platform and bibliographic principles.
Salary: $28,215 – $31,591; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/116485
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.