The Process Engineer provides day-to-day manufacturing assistance to maintain process control systems, improve product quality and support continuous improvement. Responsible for development and management of programs/projects to modify existing equipment and/or processes to improve manufacturing yield, cost, efficiency and productivity.
LEVEL: Salary Exempt
HOURS: Monday – Friday; 8:00 am to 5:00pm
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain compliance for all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures within the company.
• Adhere to the Fibertex Nonwovens Quality Policy to ensure our products and services meet customer’s expectations
• Identify equipment/product/process needs and develop programs for improvement affecting safety, quality, yield, productivity and recycling
• Provide technical assistance in evaluating and addressing process risks (chemical/mechanical hazards, etc.)
• Participate in risk analysis and development of risk mitigation strategies
• Apply continuous improvement tools to improve and maintain improvements to scrap reductions, uptime improvements, claims reductions and other key business drivers.
• Establish equipment calibration requirements.
• Able to build and lead cross functional teams in achieving improvement objectives.
• Assist in process training of operational and maintenance personnel as required.
• Establish and maintain SOC’s to meet product requirements.
• Responsible for waste water related duties as assigned.
• Assist in the development of new products to meet customer expectations and which are able to be produced meeting efficiency targets.
• Establish and periodically review process capability and product specifications to ensure products meet customer needs and are aligned with process capabilities.
• Support requirements for certifications (ISO, TS (Automotive), etc.) including documentation, PPAP, internal audits, etc.
• Some travel to other Fibertex locations for collaboration and customer locations for trial support and investigations.
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering Degree
• 1-3 year’s manufacturing experience
• SC Waste Water Certification (Class B) Preferred
• Prior nonwovens or web process experience preferred
• Auto-Cad software experience preferred
• Understanding of nonwovens products and process a plus.
• Project Management skills desired
• Strong troubleshooting skills and data driven
• DMAIC Six Sigma preferred
• Accustomed to working in a lean process and team oriented
• Understanding of Quality Assurance/Improvement tools and techniques and Quality Management Systems.
• Understanding and working knowledge of statistical techniques
• Ability to apply “hands-on” approach to leading Team members.
• Excellent computer skills and familiarity with most common software packages.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to write work instructions
• Effective oral and written communication
• Self-motivated requiring little daily direction or supervision
Candidates should reach by email: [email protected]