Department: Resource Development Department Reports to: CEO
FLSA Status: Full-time/Exempt
Salary Range: $85k-90K plus benefits
Position Summary: The Resource Development Director position oversees fundraising for Homes of Hope. This includes strategy development and oversight of implementation. Fundraising sources include individual donors, corporate sponsors, communities of faith, and foundations. Current annual fundraising amount is $2.6 million of a $7 million operating budget. The Resource Development Director manages a 4 person staff with 3 direct reports. Current fundraising efforts include one on one donor relationship building, donor recognition, speaking opportunities, a gala, 2 golf tournaments, end of year campaign, social media, billboards, volunteer involvement, impact report, website, branding and video/ print stories of client impact.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and implement annual fundraising strategy
- Solicit and secure financial support for annual fundraising goal
- Lead 4 person Resource Development Staff with 3 direct reports
- Facilitate and enhance the collaboration of the Resource Development Team through regular strategy meetings, team communication and use of fundraising software
- Develop and oversee Resource Development budget
- Be accountable for annual fundraising goal
- Develop relationships with current donors, corporate sponsors, communities of faith and foundations
- Oversee opportunities for new donor, corporate sponsors, communities of faith and foundation recruitment
- Clearly understand, communicate and brand the vision and mission of Homes of Hope
- Enhance our Board members, Advisory Council members and major donors’ ability to recruit new donors and advocate for Homes of Hope.
- Oversee staff who manage major and minor fundraising events. (End-of- Year-campaign, Homes of Hope Spring Gala, 2 Golf Tournaments, monthly donor and volunteer thank you event, small fundraising events, etc.)
- Oversee staff who manages brand and impact communications through digital media, printed materials and volunteer involvement
- Oversee staff who manage foundation grants .
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ Years of successful fundraising experience
- 5+ Years management experience
- Confidence to ask for money
- Ability to develop relationships with a variety of individuals, corporate sponsors and foundation staff
- The capacity to have and communicate global vision of the organizations vision, mission, and impact while knowing the day to day of how these things are accomplished
- Working knowledge of fundraising best practices
- Energy and vision for setting fundraising goals and strong leadership skills to direct a team to accomplish these goals
- Unwillingness to compromise the best for the organization and those we serve to please a donor, corporate sponsor, faith community or funder
- Experience with Blackbaud/Razors Edge Donor Management Software or a comparable software
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and additional technology
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+Years of experience with Blackbaud/Razor’s Edge Software
- Trainings and/or certifications in fundraising
- 7+ Years of successful fundraising Experience
- 7+ Years of management experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions: 35% In Office, 50% Off Site for Work Related Appointments and 15% Remote
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job- related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Interested in joining the Homes of Hope Team? Email CV/Resume’ and completed application to [email protected].