Founded in 1966, Carolina Handling employs more than 660 associates at its Charlotte, NC headquarters, offices in Atlanta, GA, Birmingham, AL, Greensboro, NC, Raleigh, NC and Greenville, SC, and its Equipment Distribution Center in Piedmont, SC.
One of the Southeast’s leading material handling solution providers, Carolina Handling is the exclusive Raymond Solutions and Support Center in the Southeast for North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Florida’s Central time zone territory. The company provides automation and optimization services and virtual reality-based training, along with parts, racking, storage, conveyors, lighting and dock and door equipment. Its proprietary iWAREHOUSE optimization system allows real-time monitoring of fleets and warehouses.
Sales Coordination is the last line of defense to ensure we meet our customers’ needs and expectations on all new equipment purchases. Sales Coordinators are responsible for working with Sales Representatives and Sales Leadership throughout the entire order to delivery process and review all documentation to ensure accuracy. They will also work hand and hand with other internal departments to be a liaison for the sales force. They will be expected to gain proper approvals from management, keep all reporting up to date, and meet deadlines. This is a fast-paced environment where the ability to multitask and prioritize requests requires a strong focus in customer service. As a Sales Coordinator you must be able to work in a team environment, think on your feet, enjoy problem solving with attention to detail and accurate data entry. This role also requires a Mid-level understanding of Excel, Google sheets, and other Microsoft products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Process and coordinate orders for Sales Representatives
2. Assist Sales Representatives with paperwork, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
3. Coordinate sales functions with other departments within the organization to ensure timely communications and delivery of equipment sold.
4. Analyze and process all phases of the sales order, from receipt of order to delivery of product.
5. Execute Irium system policies and procedures.
6. Ensure accuracy of booking/billings, Commission and Gross Profit.
7. Maintain proper E-Files with all required documentation needed for sales orders.
8. Maintain the order management system.
9. Act as a liaison for the sales team between all Carolina Handling departments, Raymond, and other vendors.
10. Secure approval from appropriate sales management for all items that require approvals prior to booking, such as internal billings.
11. Order Accuracy – Order equipment correctly the first time to prevent any additional chargers and issues for customers.
12. Coordinate delivery and pick-up of demo and new equipment with Cartage Department and Sales Representative.
13. Maintain accurate and current stock inventory list and MEI list.
14. Prepare customer acknowledgement letters.
15. Work with Sales Reps to ensure monthly forecast accuracy.
16. Maintain regular contact with Sales Representatives in regard to current month bookings, routine deadlines and special assignments, including sales incentive programs, vendor contests and changes vendors make in sales policies or procedures.
17. Carry out department and company policies and procedures.
18. Work in a team atmosphere toward the goals and objectives of your team and company.
19. Maintain a safe and non-hazardous work environment.
20. Other duties as assigned by the Sales Support Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Minimum 2 years overall in a supporting or customer service function.
2. Must be self-structured with a high level of thoroughness.
3. Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening.
4. Ability to build and maintain relationships.
5. Strong desire to exceed customer needs and satisfaction.
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
7. Project a courteous and professional image at all times.
8. Must exhibit detail orientation, with a strong sense of urgency.
9. Excellent organizational skills.
10. Strong math aptitude.
11. Must be able to readily accept challenges.
12. Mid-level understanding of Excel, Google sheets, and other Microsoft products.
To apply, contact Brittany Norman, Toll Free 800-688-8802, [email protected].