University of South Carolina Upstate
The Scheduling Coordinator administers all aspects of course schedule development and the student registration process, both undergraduate and graduate on three Upstate campuses. Responsible for the graduation application process and transfer credit processing.
• Coordinates semester offerings (five a year) for both graduate and undergraduate programs in Spartanburg and Greenville with department chairs: including room assignment, updating course information data base and the correction process. Allows student registration. Coordinates with the publishing staff to meet deadlines.
• Coordinates the graduation application process including receiving, handling issues with academic Departments, attending bi-yearly graduation fair, coordinate student processional for graduation ceremony. Allows students to graduate.
• Directs the priority registration process including setting the calendar, determining student appointments and setting all supporting screens. Allows student registration.
• Responsible for resolving registration issues for faculty staff and students including providing accessible class schedules for students with ambulatory disabilities. To accommodate students and faculty.
• Responsible for independent study contracts, nonscheduled course, one time only courses, and internship/field study contracts. Registers all the students per contract. Creates course and registers all Scholar’s Academy, High School Dual Enrollment, Teacher Cadets and Opportunity Network students. Allows student registration.
• Maintains and updates Banner course catalog; assist with training/support to all departments in Banner software. To make courses available for schedules.
• Assists with freshmen and transfer orientation. Removes advisement holds, answers any questions, helps during registration. Allows student registration.
• Transfer articulation and transfer courses. Makes sure that transfer courses are articulated and GPA calculated for transfer students. Updates transfer courses in Banner and helps with equivalencies. Allows students records to be accurately updated.
• Maintains the Resource 25/Scheduler 25 database; provides reports for Room Utilization, course demand, master schedule, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in Student Personnel Services or related field, or bachelor’s degree and 2 years related experience. Banner experience preferred.
Salary: $28,215 – $35,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/121517
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.