Sports Operations and Logistics ManagerMarch 26, 2023
Sports Operations and Logistics Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Sports and Competition
LOCATION: Position based out of Special Olympics South Carolina Headquarters in Irmo, SC
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting local and regional sports training and competitions through creation and development of sports league structures while working with Sports Staff to ensure regional and state competitions have needed resources to offer quality opportunities.
All Special Olympics South Carolina program positions also support local and state-level sports competitions, initiatives, and other events, as needed.
This is a full-time and exempt position. Some evening and weekend work is required. This is a statewide position.
– Support local and regional programs/competitions in such ways as implementing sports leagues, creating league schedules, equipment scheduling, facility reservation, data entry and divisioning
– Maintain sports league standings and results throughout season.
– Build local and regional sport partnerships to support various sport events and programs.
– Maintain local competition sanctioniong process communicating event information out to appropriate staff.
– Assist Senior Director of Sports and Competition to ensure needed resources are available for regional and state level competitions, such as facilities and housing.
– Assist in regional and state games registration cycles.
– Communicate with Area Programs directly for status of athlete medicals.
– Collaborate with Sports Resource Teams to further develop sports and increase participation.
– Collaborate with Senior Director of Sports and Competition to develop online system to collect annual census data from Area Programs.
– Support SOSC state competitions.
– Represent the organization at business and organization meetings or conference.
– Maintain the ability to work independently, exemplifying the ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
– Attend regular full Staff meetings.
– Any other duties that may be assigned by the Senior Director of Sports and Competition or the President & CEO.
– College graduate with 4-year degree from an accredited college or university.
– Minimum 2 years experience in Sports Management or other sports related industries.
– An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
– Display basic computer skills, including proficiency on Microsoft Office applications.
– Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
– Strong interpersonal skills with ability to make presentations to groups as well as develop one-on-one relationships within the community.
– Ability to work independently and as a team player to accomplish individual and organizational goals.
– Display professionalism as a representative of the organization in a variety of settings, including meetings, conferences, and events.
– Professional, upbeat, energetic, takes initiative, dependable, and takes pride in work.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills, including tele/video conferencing methods.
– Ability to multi-task and make decisions independently while coordinating with leadership.
– Database management experience preferred.
– Experience with Special Olympics programming, education systems, or individuals with intellectual disabilities is preferred.
– A sense of humor.
– Outstanding organizational skills, time management, and ability to prioritize tasks.
– Ability to define problems, collect needed information and data, analyze information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
– Effectively and professionally communicate with a variety of staff, volunteers, and other individuals.
– Maintain excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with leadership, donors, volunteers, colleagues, and the general public in a professional manner.
– Cooperate effectively with other staff members while fostering effective working relationships within a team environment.
– Display the ability to make evaluative judgments.
– Must be able to travel and complete weekend and evening duties as assigned.
– The employee is occasionally required to lift 40 pounds or more.
– Work requires travel by automobile throughout South Carolina for meetings and program operations.
– Employees must maintain a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
– Willingness and ability to travel independently as additional travel may be required to attend meetings and/or events out of state.
– Is aware of and complies with SOSC’s policies, procedures, and non-discrimination policy.
Submit Cover Letter & Resume to Kara Harmon, Director of Communications; [email protected].
Special Olympics South Carolina provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.