Transfer Admissions Counselor
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Transfer Admissions Counselor will assist with recruitment activities and transfer evaluations. Position will also be responsible for interviewing and providing counseling for new prospective students, conducting presentations and maintaining electronic student recruitment data base.
• Interviews and provides tours for prospective students and parents to build new student enrollment.
• Visits schools, adult education centers, and businesses to represent USC Upstate and recruit schools. Assist in recruitment initiatives within the community to promote Upstate.
• Updates transfer course equivalencies in banner and in CHE system to allow for accurate transfer of credit into majors.
• Assist with monitoring website, answering phone system, chat system and social media to assist prospective students.
• Assists with data entry and management of admissions CRM. Use CRM lists to gather prospect information for recruitment visits.
• Recruit and communicate with graduate school prospects.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Masters degree in Student Services or related field, or bachelor’s degree and 2 years related experience. Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record. Successful background check is required.
Candidate with knowledge of USC Upstate campus.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/150910.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
USC Upstate offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
• Health and Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs
• Paid Tuition Program
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Professional Development Opportunities