Presbyterian College is excited to offer transportation via the Trolley for our students, faculty, staff,
and members of the local community to access two new college venues—112 Musgrove in Clinton
and The Capitol Theater in Laurens. Transportation for special events in the county and to PC’s
Lake Campus at Camp Fellowship are also part of the planned routes. Other stops may include local
grocers, Lush Acres Farm at Thornwell, YMCA, etc. The Trolley Operator serves an important role
for the college and surrounding community.
The Trolley operator safely operates the trolley on a scheduled route through traffic, for the purpose
of carrying passengers in a safe manner and in accordance with city, county, state, and federal laws,
as well as college and city rules and policies. Monitors trolley, weather conditions, and safety of
This position will report to the Director of 112 and The Capitol Theater Operations
1. Ensure the trolley is in good working condition and fueled prior to scheduled trips.
2. Ensure the keys and gas card(s) are obtained during normal working hours.
3. Confirm with the program director to coordinate daily routes and follow a planned travel route,
making scheduled stops to pick up or drop off passengers.
4. Demonstrate excellent customer service in interactions with passengers and others.
4. Keep a record of miles driven and hours worked for the time sheet. All hours driven must be
submitted to the program director as required.
5. Act and dress in a professional manner, must be neat and clean at all times during the trip.
6. Operate all equipment in a legal, safe manner, free of impairment due to drug and/or alcohol use.
7. Perform inspections and safety checks before and after transporting passengers
8. Be watchful for warning signs of a mechanical problem and report it immediately to the program
director and assist in coordinating having the trolley problem corrected.
9. Ensure the safety of all passengers.
10. Report any maintenance issues to the program director and ensure the vehicle is fueled at the
conclusion of the trip.
11. Be punctual and maintain regular, predictable attendance.
12. Safely transport passengers in a timely manner and meet time stops.
11. Perform other duties as requested.Presbyterian College is an EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the
basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation,
veteran status or genetic information. PC is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to
working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.
1. A GED or high school diploma.
2. A valid CDL License.
2. A clean MVR.
3. Previous driving experience of a bus or trolley.
4. Ability to follow routes in a timely, safe, and efficient manner.
5. Experience or skill effectively exchanging and understanding information, verbally or in writing.
6. Clear background check.
7. Be open to weekday, evening, and weekend routes.