Life is a gift, and local entrepreneur Jamie Prince has created Merry Everything to remind us to celebrate season of it. Prince, who also owns Flourish – a boutique public relations, marketing, and events firm based in Greenville she founded during the Great Recession of 2009 – launched Merry Everything’s online storefront this fall after being inspired by the idea that unlike happiness, joy can co-exist with adversity, and that every stage of our lives can be joyous and should be celebrated.
“Too often today, our society has dangled the carrot of happiness in front of us, as if it is yet another goal to add to our 5-Year Plan. The underlying message is that if we’re not happy, we have done something wrong… we’ve failed,” Prince explained.
“Joy, on the other hand, is a gift we’re given and can develop in greater capacity throughout our lives and is accessible to us, no matter what we may be going through,” she continued. “This summer, after a particularly challenging season of my own life, I caught a mighty second wind and decided to exercise my creative muscles in a new way. Merry Everything was literally born from this self-renewal.”
Reflecting the company’s underlying philosophy that every age and stage of life is worthy of celebration, Merry Everything’s online storefront showcases curated collections and product lines in novel, more thoughtful ways that create a more inspired shopping experience for its customers. These include:
- Selling a mix of new and upscale vintage, collectible and heirloom items;
- Sourcing the majority of its product offerings from small- and micro-businesses, artists, artisans, and makers located within the U.S. as well as in places around the world;
- A Shop by Occasion section, in which traditional and mainstream holiday lines as well as occasions that mirror our journey through life: birthdays, baptism/Christening, getting married, having children, and so on;
- Supporting more informed shopping with its Shop with a Conscience section, in which products can be filtered according to being eco-friendly, organic, made in the USA, from women- and minority-owned businesses, and more; and
- Offering its customers the opportunity to shop according to what brings them joy (e.g., entertaining, traveling, being outdoors).
In keeping with the high value Merry Everything places on joy, it offers its customers a menu of services geared toward “turning the joy up” by dialing the stress down. These include gift wrapping, embroidery, personal shopping, corporate gifting, and event planning assistance.
“What we’re aiming to do with Merry Everything’s service offerings is create a greater capacity for joy for our customers by removing some of the pressures that often go hand-in-hand with shopping in a time-pressed culture,” Prince says. “Just think… you could actually enjoy the holidays. You could reclaim the joy in giving.”