$9.2 million investment will create 162 new jobs in 5 years
Omron Automation (OMRON), a global leader in industrial automation technology, today announced it selects Spartanburg County to establish the company’s first South Carolina operation. The company’s $9.2 million investment will create 162 new jobs in five years.
OMRON will lease and build out a 60,000-square-foot production facility located at 311 Genoble Road in Greer to manufacture industrial automation technologies including motion controllers and drives, machine vision, barcode readers, and barcode verification systems.
With over 90 years of experience, OMRON creates, sells and services fully integrated automation solutions that optimize manufacturing and improve safety. The company provides manufacturing solutions to customers in over 110 countries and has production facilities in Japan, Brazil, China, the Netherlands and the United States. Operations will be online in April 2024.
The Coordinating Council for Economic Development approved job development credits related to this project. The council also awarded a $100,000 Set-Aside grant to Spartanburg County to assist with the costs of building improvements.
FIVE FAST FACTS
- Omron Automation (OMRON) selects Spartanburg County to establish the company’s first South Carolina operation.
- The company’s $9.2 million investment will create 162 new jobs in five years.
- OMRON is an automation solutions provider.
- The company will be located at 311 Genoble Road in Greer, S.C.
- Individuals interested in joining the OMRON team should visit www.sctechjobs.com (enter “OMRON” as a keyword to narrow search) or the company’s careers page.