Landrum customers are asked to take voluntary steps to preserve water resources
The Commissioners of Public Works of the City of Spartanburg issued a proclamation at their recent meeting to address current drought conditions in the Spartanburg Water System Landrum Service Area, with voluntary water use restrictions.
Stream flows that supply the Landrum Water Treatment Facility are reduced due to abnormally dry weather and show moderate drought conditions. Water use restrictions and actions at this time are voluntary, but Landrum customers are asked to consider the following:
- Inspect for and repair all leaking toilets, faucets and pipes.
- Take short showers rather than baths.
- Install water-saving shower heads or flow restriction devices.
- Turn off the water when shaving or brushing teeth.
- Use dishwashers and washing machines only with full loads.
- Refrain from washing down areas such as driveways, gutters, and sidewalks.
- Refrain from washing down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection.
- Reduce washing of vehicles, boats, etc., and use an automatic shut-off hose nozzle.
- Refrain from using water to maintain fountains or other decorative water bodies unless necessary to sustain aquatic life.
- Limit the irrigation of lawns and other vegetation on private and public property between the hours of 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. to reduce evaporation, on the following, voluntary schedule:
- Customers that have street addresses, box numbers or rural route numbers ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 or the letters A through M and locations without addresses should use outdoor water only on Thursday and Sunday.
- Customers that have street addresses, box numbers, or rural route numbers ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 or the letters N through Z should use outdoor water only on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Serve customers water only if requested in food and dining establishments.
- Reduce the irrigation of golf courses and grounds.
Spartanburg Water will continue to monitor water use in the Landrum Service Area and share important drought updates with customers moving forward. To learn more about how to check for leaks in toilets and pipes, please visit https://www.youtube.com/@spartanburgwater/videos.
Landrum customers can reach the Spartanburg Water Customer Experience team by calling the toll-free number – (877) 797-7773 – Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
About Spartanburg Water
Spartanburg Water, an industry leading utility, is comprised of Spartanburg Water System and Spartanburg Sanitary Sewer District. It serves a population of more than 200,000 within Spartanburg County, as well as others in parts of Greenville, Union and Cherokee counties. With the help of its dedicated team of about 300 employees, each day it produces an average of 25 million gallons of drinking water and cleans 12 million gallons of reclaimed water for its customers and community. For more information on Spartanburg Water’s water quality efforts, visit us at spartanburgwater.org.