Limitless Purpose is thrilled to announce its impact since the statewide nonprofit was founded in 2019.
Despits the inevitable delays caused by the COVID pandemic, the volunteer-led organization has made great gains in serving families statewide. Specifically, Limitless Purpose:
- Named just over 100 Limitless Learner Summer Incentive Award Winners – young people with intellectual or developmental disabilities who were awarded a total of more than $30,000 for learning or recreational opportunities. Thanks to generous donations, we have easily surpassed our $2,500 annual goal.
- Distributed more than 7,500 books – all donated – to children and families who need them the most through schools, pediatricians, parks and free little libraries.
- Held a free event for families with refreshments, music, games and prizes, free books and much more at the incredible Leo’s Landing inclusive playground at Saluda Shoals Park in March. Save the date for 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, March 25, 2023.
- Named Limitless Impact Award Winners:
- 2021 – Gary Matthews, who plans fundraisers that culminate in a Polar Bear Plunge in January to benefit Children’s Charities of the Midlands. Limitless Purpose is one of nonprofits that benefits.
- 2022 – Ken Corning, who spent 25 years working as a genetic counselor with Greenwood Genetics, specifically working with children and their parents. He then served as the operations manager at Camp Cole, a camp and retreat in the Midlands for children and adults with serious illness, disabilities and other challenges.
All of this is accomplished through generous individual and corporate donations of all amounts. And because we are volunteer-led organization with no staff or office, 99.1 percent of every penny given supports the families we serve.
With continued support of individuals and businesses throughout South Carolina, inclusion and true acceptance of every child can become a reality.