- This event has passed.
Update on Human Resource Laws & Regulations
January 26 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Join the Upstate Entrepreneur Ecosystem on January 26 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. for an update on HR laws and regulations with Michael Nail of Ogletree Deakins, followed by a reception to welcome Craig Scharton as the new Entrepreneur Ecosystem Facilitator.
Take the mystery out of growing your business by learning about employee thresholds that trigger employment laws and regulations, and discuss employment law strategies for 2023 based on trending topics for the new year.
At the end of this annual event, you will be prepared to advise your entrepreneur clients on the following:
- The minimum number of employees at which you must add workers compensation insurance
- The minimum employees and hours required for unemployment insurance
- The new administrative HR procedures that must be in place as founders hit labor milestones
- The general costs of triggering labor milestones and how to balance those costs with the benefits of added positions
Employment law trends for 2023
- This event is complimentary but registration is required. You will have the opportunity to select attendance for the workshop, reception, or both.
Special thanks to Ogletree Deakins for hosting the workshop and reception!