By Jerry Bellune
Every business has Ideal Customers.
Knowledge of those customers is the starting point for all marketing strategies, says business consultant Bill Edmonds.
To better understand your Ideal Customers you must know their:
- Demographics – their age range, education, income, jobs, where they live and how many people live in their homes.
- Psychographics – their lifestyle and buying habits. Do they enjoy traveling? What are their personal values? How do they like to shop? Do they buy online?
Demographics help you understand who buys from you and psychographics helps you understand why they buy.”
It’s important to acquire thorough knowledge of your customers, Grasping the reasons behind their lifestyles and buying behaviors will lead to more profits.
Start with your existing customers.
- Age. Knowing your customers’ generation is more useful than specific age.
- Stage in life. Where customers are in their lives. Entering college? Becoming parents? About to buy their first house or downsize since the kids are grown?
- Interests. What types of activities do your customers enjoy? Do they like golf or tennis? What on TV do they watch?
Create a customer persona that captures their who and why. You might call them Carl and Cathy Customer.
Carl and Cathy become an easy-to-understand picture of their likes and dislikes, buying habits, social media activity and other facts about the way they live.
Carl and Cathy need to feel that you understand them, their needs and wants and will help them make their lives better.
We share such ideas in “Maverick Entrepreneurs’ Million Dollar Strategies.”
For a $20 personally autographed copy, contact us at 803-331-6695.
Next: Attract more Carls and Cathys.
Copyright 2020, The Bellune Co., Inc.