University of South Carolina Upstate
To perform a variety of secretarial, administrative, and receptionist duties for the Center for Women’s and Gender Studies, the Center for African American Studies, El Centro Latino, and their respective directors, their faculty and students; to apply policies, work with limited supervision, balance priorities, and exercise wide latitude of independent judgment and initiative to create positive interactions with students, faculty, staff, university administration and the public.
• Serves as primary administrative support staff and point of contact for three Centers – Center for Women’s and Gender Studies, Center for African American Studies, and El Centro. Provides reception to students, faculty, staff, and community members who contact any of the Centers for information on academic matters (minors, requirements, course availability) or Center programming and events.
• Assists with the planning, coordination, and implementation of campus programming and events, including the management of campus resources and venues, purchasing, travel and itinerary preparation for special guests or speakers, and timely reimbursement of expenses for faculty, students, and guests.
• Maintains the budgets of the Centers and provides periodic reports to the Directors; holds and uses a University purchasing card in accordance with established policies and procedures; processes other purchasing actions as needed.
• Completes the hiring processes for full-time and part-time faculty associated with the Centers each semester.
• Office Management: tracks the purchasing, inventory and effective use of office supplies; liaises with IT as needed for support with computers, printers, and other electronics; sorts and distributes mail; liaises with Facilities Management and submits work orders; ensures that all faculty have proper access to offices, buildings, or venues associated with the Centers.
• Assists the Directors and faculty with student services by distributing important materials about the Centers, communicating with students about enrollment and scheduling changes, and advising students on appropriate university resources.
• Hires, trains and supervises student employees.
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of work experience that is directly related to the area of employment, or high school diploma and 6 years work experience that is directly related to the area of employment; or equivalency. Spanish language skills are required: the ability to understand and make one’s self understood to all Spanish speaking individuals is required. A successful background check is required.
Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
$15 – $18 per hour
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/127933
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.