Assistant Director for Housing CommunicationsApril 9, 2023
Assistant Director for Housing Communications
University of South Carolina Upstate
Under the leadership of the Associate Director for Housing Administration and Business Operations, the Assistant Director for Housing Communications is responsible for driving the department’s service philosophy for its work with student, parents and partners. The Assistant Director will coordinate the communication to students and parents/family members via StarRez software. The Assistant Director will coordinate various aspects of the department website and branding; will assist in other areas. The Assistant Director will coordinate the MoveUP volunteer process and other aspects of housing assignments centered around the interim process and early arrivals. The Assistant Director will have lead roles and assisting roles with reporting, training and selection processes as noted in the full position description. All members of the HRL team have responsibilities with CBORD/CSGold, summer conferences and large-scale university events. Will coordinate the department’s community-based technology inventory. The Assistant Director also participates in a weekly on-call rotation for after-hours emergencies.
• Communication with students/parents/families
– Annually draft, edit/proof, update and schedule/send in the Communication module of StarRez monthly email communication (at minimum) to residential students to meet our operational deadlines
– Draft, edit, update and schedule in the Communication module of StarRez monthly email communication (at minimum) and monthly newsletters to parents and family members to meet our operational deadlines
– Develop QR codes to ease check-in and head counts for bi weekly floor meetings, all break returns (fall break, January, spring break)
– Develop and release to the RA/CA staff all documents pertinent to check out in Dec and April/May for closing
– Coordinate all LOOP communication services on the closed-circuit TVs with advertisements
Ensures that communications align with the department’s operations calendar.
• Marketing and Reporting
– On a monthly basis, review and edit pages of the department website. Submit for review in department and then submit to UCM for publishing.
– Promotes the department through storytelling in web, print, and social mediums.
– Oversees the creation of all branded materials, including apparel, printed, and promotional items.
– Ensures that website and other social presences align with the department’s operations calendar.
– Develop and utilize occupancy reports and other housing updates (e.g. applications, break housing data) for audiences as requested by the Director of Housing and Residential Life, BOT, Executive Leadership, etc.
Utilize reports and other functions in Housing portal with particular responsibility for the visual and graphic elements.
• Housing and Residential Life Support
– Assist with the training of the student staff: RLGA, AHD, S3, RA, CA and DA on administrative tasks within StarRez and with the various modules (Roommate Agreements, Keys, Appointments, Programming and Interactions), and on using the communication platform within StarRez for staff to work with the residents on their floor/in their buildings.
– Assist with the interviews, selection, supervision and evaluation of the ACUHO-I Summer Intern for Operations. Develop intern in their housing competency in operations.
– Provide support to summer conference groups and staff with check-in, check-out, key inventory, cleaning/turn.
– Assists with Cbord/CS Gold student ID access.
– Manage the department’s community-based technology (i.e. iPads, laptops, iPhones) including inventory, upkeep, and oversight – working with Information Technology staff
– Assist in the development of resources for department processes and systems for all staff. Remains committed to the development of both self and their team members. Coordinates collaboration across the department to ensure processes provide a level of service in alignment with the service philosophy.
• USC Upstate Support
– Provide support during university large-scale events (orientation/OAR, Fab Fridays, Open House, Tours) department/division wide events, etc.); may present at these events.
Provide support for Division of Student Affairs events and serve on committees as assigned by VCSA.
• MoveUP (Check In)
– Assist with the logistics of the interim housing (both spring to summer AND summer to fall).
– Assist with the logistics of the early arrival process in August including early arrival check-in of fall sport athletes.
– Coordinate the MoveUP Process (volunteer recruitment and assignments of those assisting with MoveUP)
Provide support in scheduled area for MoveUP in August.
• Lives on-site and is available to students and others on campus in the event of an emergency. Serves as a liaison for Upstate campus support offices. Serves in the on-call rotation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 2 year of experience in undergraduate housing and residence life. Computer experience required. Good driving record, valid driver’s license and successful background check are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems preferred or strong computer literacy. Experience with Maxient (Student Conduct software).
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/142842
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
The USC Upstate offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
• Health and Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs
• Paid Tuition Program
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Professional Development Opportunities