Assistant Director of Procurement
University of South Carolina Upstate
It is the responsibility of the Purchasing Department to maintain and ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and internal control procedures, to conduct business with the highest level of customer service, ethical standards, fairness, and transparency, while welcoming qualified, responsible, and diverse vendors. Purchasing ensures those goods and services represent best value, quality service, timely delivery, and are expended within the regulations and guidelines mandated by the State of South Carolina, USC and federal sponsors. The Purchasing Office exists to insure informed purchasing decisions are made and to improve procurement effectiveness by providing purchasing expertise and advice to University departments. The assistant director provides program oversight and management for all components of the unit, including purchasing, accounts payable, campus receiving and postal services.
The Assistant Director provides assistance to the Director of Purchasing and administrative support for the day-to-day operations of the purchasing office. Activities will be conducted in accordance with SC State Consolidated Procurement Code and USC System policies and procedures.
• Create and process purchase orders, change orders from purchase requisition in ERP System; distribute purchase orders to vendors and originating departments. Coordinate as required with accounts payable, vendors, USC Purchasing, and university departments regarding purchasing issues in a timely and effective manner.
• Performs complex procurements of goods and services up to agency certification and in accordance with the SC Consolidated Procurement Code and Regulations and Agency polices and procedures. Assist the director in obtaining vendor quotes, market research, issue solicitations, placement of ads for bids, evaluation of bids, conducting pre-bid conferences and site visits and awarding contracts to suppliers. Call vendors as needed to confirm and insure timely delivery dates.
• Train employees in Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) System and Purchasing Policies and Procedure. Assist suppliers with online registration in the ERP System.
• Assists in managing all agency contracts to include sending out renewal notices, reviewing contract terms and conditions, obtaining signatures, coordinating with IT for approval, maintaining the contract file and monitoring contracts for compliance
• Conduct all VISA cardholder and liaison training, card distribution and cancellation. Conduct weekly random audits of credit card expense reports.
• Assist the director in writing and training on the procurement polices and procedures
• Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 2 year of work experience that is directly related to procurement or supply experience. ERP system experience is required. A successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in Purchasing, and Team-building, preferred. Knowledge of SC consolidated procurement code and regulations.
Salary: $41,777 – $64,343; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/116000
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.