AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $37 billion company into the future. If you are looking to fuel your professional development and gain exposure in the field of Participations/Syndications Operations, apply today!
AgFirst is seeking a Business Analyst to serve as key member of the Participation Operations team in accounting and servicing roles of the ACBS application on behalf of AgFirst and the district associations. Responsibilities include advanced loan accounting and servicing, complex analysis, data entry and monitoring and reconciling loan balances to the general ledger. Supports Part Ops, other in-bank departments as well as district ACAs, investors and other outside entities, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Business Team Member (Project Roles)
• Analytical role in projects; utilization of ACBS system functionality, upgrades, bank initiatives, outsourcing initiatives, regulatory changes, and line of business expansions are the key areas of emphasis.
• Analytical in areas of ACBS functionality and its surrounding applications.
• Serves as team member for Participation Operations projects, as needed.
• Represents the business needs of the department, finance division, lending, outsourcing customers or other partners on projects.
• Analyzes other applications and systems related to project initiative.
• Adheres to project methodology according to established standards, handles change control, processes recovery procedures, and conducts knowledge transfer to others.
• Involved in association related participations, system changes and upgrades.
• Prepares or reviews procedures for assigned manuals resulting from project changes.
• Outsourcing, Customer Support and Training
• Supports advanced requests or demonstrations surrounding the Bank/ACA’s Participation Portfolio and ACBS.
• External sources include association operations related to Participation Operations, outside prospects and outsourcing customers. Internal Support for ALO, Lending, Finance, External Financial Reporting, IMO and Audit.
• Timely response utilizing the Assyst solution.
• Internal initiatives may require offering advice and/or solutions to resolve issues.
• Participations Portfolio -Capital Markets
• Performs complex transactions to include advances, payments, fixed rate conversions and rollovers for various pricing options on the ACBS system.
• Completion of complex error reconcilement related to originator-supplied data.
• Designated portfolio is extremely active (daily, weekly, monthly) at the loan level. Transactions are frequently for large dollar amounts, posing a substantial risk to the bank; therefore, must be handled with extreme caution.
• High profile accounts require reviewing new account setups directly with loan officer and originator for the purpose of understanding assigned relationships.
• Maintain efficient accounting and control on complex portfolio of large participated loans from a diverse group of originators.
• Ensure accuracy of transactions by performing in- depth analysis.
• Acts as agent for large deals originated in district and assigned to AgFirst.
• Accounts are large in size, complex in nature and subject to heavy activity having specialized and customized servicing requirements.
• Prepares and distributes detailed notices and instructions related to account transactions.
• Participate in loan closings and renewals acting as user expert and consultant to district and bank personnel.
• Ensure accuracy of transaction details for originator and bank.
• Ensure accuracy of ACBS information keyed by Loan Servicing.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Technology
• Three years of related work experience
• Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize and organize various routine and special tasks
• Knowledge of database technologies, Microsoft Office programs and proficient with various report writing software
• Requires knowledge of accounting, GAAP, Audit, Commercial Lending, Credit, Risk Management, Funding terminology -as related to customer/loan data and financial instrument servicing requirements
• Expertise in working on a project team. Proficient with Report writers such as Crystal or Access
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel. Ability to deliver verbal presentations to a variety of audiences
• Conceptual and analytical skills. Ability to utilize numerous systems and act as a troubleshooter of errors for loan and G/L activity recorded by 3rd district personnel. Advanced problem solving with little or no supervision
• Solutions derived by determining best choice in differing situations with diversified procedures and established standards within a framework of flexible procedures and established policy guidelines under supervisory review
• Ability to spend 90% of the job servicing the Participation/Syndication portfolio or working on project related documents on a computer. Job is intended to be performed in the office setting
• Ability to work under extensive pressure and deadlines
Candidates can apply via the AgFirst careers’ website at https://www.agfirst.com/