Director of Client Services
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Director of Client Services position is a member of the Information Technology Division and reports to the Vice Chancellor for Information Chief Information Officer. The primary purpose of this position is directing a staff with the comprehensive responsibility for all distributed and end user technology and support services for the University of South Carolina Upstate. This includes the information technology Help Desk, personal computer/desktop computing support, end-node network support, academic computer labs, and related services that support all academic and administrative units of the University. The planning and management of all distributed technologies and support services for the University enterprise are the responsibility of this individual and his/her staff. The distributed computing environment at USC Upstate currently includes over 1700 desktop computers, 20 open and discipline-specific computer labs, a Help Desk that serves as the central point of contact for technology support issues, and over 7000 registered computer users. The Director will oversee the printer fleet management for maximum efficiency, effectiveness, and security. The Director will develop a budget for Client Services expenditures and develop strategic plans for pursing continuous process improvements. Director will lead the team through servant-leadership role model, promote safe, positive, inclusive, and supportive work environments. Director will also build productive and effective relationships with all people needing technology support.
• Departmental management and administration, including supervision of staff, budgeting, campus and vendor liaison functions, project management, inter-campus coordination, strategic planning, community relations, etc.
• Directs the planning and delivery of distributed technologies and support services for the University, including networked desktop computing, Help Desk operations, end user support services, and academic computer labs.
• Directs the preparation of Help Desk reports for management. Analyses reports and recommends process and procedural changes.
• Recommends operating procedures and policies on desktop computing, including information backup and security
• Researches new and emerging technologies, products, and standards for distributed and desktop computing and support.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required by the Chief Information Officer
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Systems or related field and 3 years’ experience in computer operations or a related data processing field; or equivalency, and 3 years of supervisory experience. Successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Five years preferred experience in distributed technologies and desktop computing in networked environment, Help Desk operations and management, and client support services and technology training, or equivalent combination of professional training and experience. Knowledge and experience in higher education highly desirable. Industry training and certification desirable.
Salary: $46,059 – $68,467; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/121789
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.