Internship CoordinatorAugust 8, 2022
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Internship Coordinator provides assistance and support to students who are seeking internships. Requiring significant collaboration with faculty and the cultivation of key employer partnerships, this position centralizes all internship activity in support of the strategic plan to prepare students for successful careers and lives through developing career competencies.
• Facilitate student learning by assisting students to secure appropriate internships to enhance their academic experience and learn skills essential to conduct a successful job search using tools such as Handshake, LinkedIn, and other relevant means.
• Initiate and build partnerships with employers to develop student opportunities for internships.
• Work collaboratively with faculty and administration to create policy and procedures for ensuring the academic quality and integrity of internships.
• Work alongside faculty and academic departments to identify and promote internships for specific majors.
• Prepare students for internship experiences by assisting with resume preparation and mock interviews; instructing on applicable workplace professionalism; and reviewing internship checklist.
• Maintain accurate data to track all internships. Ensure that the proper documents are signed by students, faculty and internship site.
• Document internship activities in designated software (ex. Handshake) and participate in all monthly and annual reporting of individual/departmental activities.
• Assist with classroom and student group presentations and event planning and execution (workshops, career/internship fairs, and other relevant programming).
• Follow-up with students and employers for feedback on internship experience, conducting site visits as needed, which may be virtual depending on location.
• Assist students, faculty, staff, and employers with use of departmental software (Handshake, Big Interview, Focus 2, Starfish) and troubleshoot as needed.
• Other duties as needed to support departmental and university initiatives.
Master’s degree required with a minimum of 1-year experience. Good driving record, valid driver’s license and successful background check are required.
USC Upstate standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. However, this position will involve some evening, weekend, and/or conference travel.
Experience in higher education setting strongly preferred. Experience in career counseling, academic advising, or related field preferred. Experience with Handshake preferred.
$37,128 – $48,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/127046
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.