Program Manager, Center for International StudiesAugust 7, 2022
Program Manager, Center for International Studies
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Program Manager for the Center for International Studies works collaboratively with the Faculty Fellow for International Education and the Dean of University College to establish USC Upstate as a leader in the Upstate in global education by internationalizing the campus through multiple approaches including opportunities for study/research abroad, recruitment of international students, development of relevant cultural activities, coordinating support for student and faculty engagement in international programs both on and off campus; and ensuring compliance with university guidelines, policies and procedures for international experiences.
• Program Design and Development. Work collaboratively with faculty/staff to design and implement study abroad/study away experiences; provide information and guidance to students applying for and engaging in study abroad/study away; partner with program leaders to recruit students; host recruiting and pre-departure sessions for students, faculty, and staff.
• Program Coordination. Serve as primary contact for study abroad/study away programs, monitor and solve problems that arise; ensure health and safety of participants through compliance with university policy; manage all related data including program assessment; monitor budgets for study abroad/study away trips; collaborate with faculty/staff and administrative assistant to manage purchases and reimbursements.
• Create International Experiences on Campus. Work with Faculty Fellow to plan and host events to provide social and cultural experiences that enhance Upstate students’ familiarity with different cultures; support the recruiting and onboarding of international students through arrival orientation, assist with course registration and visa issues, and planning cultural experiences.
• Administrative Manager. Serve as first point of contact for the Center for International Studies; assist Registrar with SEVIS and other alternate RO/ADO duties; be knowledgeable of university, national, and international study abroad policies and procedures; coordinate payment of program fees, supervise student workers or graduate assistants, maintain up-to-date manuals for students and faculty studying abroad/away; work with Faculty Fellow for International Education and Dean of University College to develop policies and procedures for study abroad/away.
• Other Duties as Assigned. Maintain positive relationships with internal and external partners; work with Faculty Fellow to maintain appropriate social media presence.
Master’s degree in Student Services or related field, or bachelor’s degree and 2 years related experience. A good driving record, valid driver’s license and successful background check are required. Ability to travel nationally or internationally as needed. Ability to cultivate and maintain positive interactions with a diverse student population.
Experience in a university-led study abroad office; experience with TouchNet Marketplace; prior experience with international students and studying/working/serving abroad, commitment to diversity and inclusion in study abroad; experience with academic curriculum in study abroad; demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
$35,568 – $45,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/126654
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.