Firm projects another strong close to 2021 — with total number of leases and charitable giving up compared to pre-pandemic numbers
NAI Columbia, the Midlands’ local full-service commercial real estate firm, projects another strong, profitable close to the year. Compared to pre-pandemic year-end numbers in 2019, NAI Columbia anticipates a 25% increase in the total number of leases and an 87% increase in the total number of square feet sold by the end of 2021. Additionally, the firm has increased its philanthropic commitment, and since 2020, has invested more than $56,000 and countless volunteer hours to local nonprofits.
“We face challenges head-on, and during this pandemic, our team has remained strong, active and profitable across the board,” says Patrick Chambers, senior broker and principal, NAI Columbia. “We are committed to serving as leaders in the local commercial real estate landscape and developing solutions that bring success to our clients and to the community.”
Despite the pandemic, the firm will have brokered over $200 million in total sales and $65 million in total leases in the greater Midlands region during 2020 and 2021. Since March 2020, the NAI Columbia team has facilitated a number of substantial transactions, including:
- $14.5 million investment sale of the 225,000 SF Landmark Office Park in Forest Acres by NAI Columbia’s Peyton Bryant and Ryan Causey, and Furman Capital Advisors’ Peter Couchell and Rob Schmidt.
- $6.5 million lease renewal of Teleperformance in Broad River Commons by Jeff Hein and Thomas Wyatt.
- $5.921 million sale of 430 acres to Richland County for Mark Anthony Brewing by Tom Milliken, Tombo Milliken and Nelson Weston.
- $5.9 million (repeat) sale of 201 Executive Center Drive in Columbia by NAI Columbia’s Jeff Hein and Thomas Wyatt, and Furman Capital Advisors’ Peter Couchell and Rob Schmidt.
- $5.2 million sale of 18.87 acres at 3361 Highway 21 in Fort Mill by Tom Milliken, Tombo Milliken and Nelson Weston.
- $5.2 million sale of 919 Catawba in Columbia for student housing development by Mac Fanning.
- $4.4 million investment sale of 100 Assembly St. in Columbia by Peyton Bryant and Ryan Causey.
- $4.25 million investment sale of Edens Plaza on West Beltline in Columbia by NAI Columbia’s Patrick Palmer and Bobby Balboni, and Furman Capital Advisors’ Peter Couchell and Rob Schmidt.
- The land acquisition, development, leasing and $3.265 million sale of 2708 Clemson Rd by Ben Kelly, Patrick Chambers and Jack Springs.
“The last two years have been challenging for many small businesses and nonprofits,” says Chambers. “Now more than ever, we have upheld our firm’s commitment to social responsibility and have continued to expand our charitable support to local nonprofits.”
In addition to supporting the United Way through its Workplace Giving campaign, the firm provides financial support to the American Heart Association, Coastal Conservation Association, Central South Carolina Alliance, Habitat for Humanity, Harvest Hope, South Carolina Wildlife Federations, St. John Neumann School and several other local organizations. Additionally, many of the firm’s staff serve on various boards and have donated countless hours to local nonprofits.
With more than 200 years of combined local experience in commercial real estate among its eight partners, NAI Columbia is made up of knowledgeable experts that provide brokerage, development, property management, project management and corporate/advisory services. The firm specializes in investment sales, healthcare real estate services, retail sales and leasing, property and project management services, office sales and leasing, industrial sales and leasing, tenant representation, special asset and receivership services, land services and sales, corporate advisory services, site selection, fee development and build-to-suit services.
NAI Columbia was born from a partnership with NAI Earle Furman in Greenville, S.C., along with eight local principals that served as senior brokers with NAI Avant. NAI Avant derived from national real estate developer Edens and Avant, which was founded in Columbia, S.C. in 1966. NAI Avant continued serving the Midlands before its sunsetting and reformation as NAI Columbia under new leadership and a new company structure.
NAI Columbia is a member of the NAI Global network, the single largest, most powerful global network of owner-operated commercial real estate brokerage firms, which includes over 6,000 local market professionals in over 375 offices worldwide. NAI Global is a wholly owned subsidiary of C-III Capital Partners, LLC (C-III).
About NAI Columbia
NAI Columbia is a full-service commercial real estate firm located in Columbia, South Carolina, providing customized brokerage, property management, project management, development, research and consulting services throughout the Columbia, S.C., region and beyond. NAIC is broker-owned with over 200 years of combined local experience among its partners. Founded in 2019, the firm is a partnership between NAI Earle Furman in Greenville, S.C., along with eight local principals that served as senior brokers with NAI Avant, which derived from national real estate developer Edens and Avant, before its sunsetting and reformation as NAI Columbia under new leadership and a new company structure. NAIC is a member of the NAI Global commercial real estate network providing real estate solutions through 375+ offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.naicolumbia.com.